• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing help

jaimielyn

Hello,

Can anyone help me on pricing out a business decal sign for the front window of the business? The size is 18" Circle in vinyl. I have attached a pic of it.

Thanks
Jaimie

Attachments

• flipout.jpg
    flipout.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 97

Mosh

That arced lettering needs some help, looks scewed...$20 Mosh is what the Mosh gets for door lettering.

Locals Find!

$200 to recreate it off that coaster your using as artwork. Then $125 to print and install. Includes the PITA fee for customers who bring in coasters as artwork.

Welcome to :signs101:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There ya go again Addie... talking out yer butt.

I could be wrong, but I do believe that's a mouse pad.

Regardless, don't you want to ask this customer if they indeed own the rights to this logo before you rip someone off as you put it the other day ??

Besides, that can't take but a 1/4 hour to re-create and an 18" circle and install can't be near that much....... in anybodies shop.

Do you ever think before you post ??

Locals Find!

There ya go again Addie... talking out yer butt.

I could be wrong, but I do believe that's a mouse pad.

Regardless, don't you want to ask this customer if they indeed own the rights to this logo before you rip someone off as you put it the other day ??

Besides, that can't take but a 1/4 hour to re-create and an 18" circle and install can't be near that much....... in anybodies shop.

Do you ever think before you post ??

I did think before I posted and I gave pricing based on what I would do the job for. I have to pay my install guy to go out and my print guy to print it. So yes, I would charge $125 so I make some money on the deal.

$200 for the artwork is what I would charge for recreating the artwork. Now if someone else wants to do it for less thats fine. Go ahead.

As I am not running the job why do I have to ask if they have rights to it. This is a hypothetical job not my job. I will worry about asking if its legal artwork when its my job. Till then that is someone else's problem.

J

john1

$90 Installed with recreating. Wouldn't take but 15 minutes to recreate that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, I told you I would.

You come off as giving advice from a sign maker's point of view, when in fact, you're a complete in-house broker and can't do a thing on your own in house or outa house. Your input has as much bearing on the OP's request as a light switch in a blind person's basement.

Why did you let out the part that you in fact don't do any of the work, but have sub-out designers, suppliers and installers and you have to mark their prices up and still turn a profit so your crap is really about 3 times more than it's really worth and still only mediocre in order to try and stay competitive.

Alright, sorry for the :thread, but the OP needed to know some stuff here is way off the wall, since he/she is new and doesn't know some people talk out of more than just their mouth.​

Locals Find!

Addie, I told you I would.

You come off as giving advice from a sign maker's point of view, when in fact, you're a complete in-house broker and can't do a thing on your own in house or outa house. Your input has as much bearing on the OP's request as a light switch in a blind person's basement.

Why did you let out the part that you in fact don't do any of the work, but have sub-out designers, suppliers and installers and you have to mark their prices up and still turn a profit so your crap is really about 3 times more than it's really worth and still only mediocre in order to try and stay competitive.

Alright, sorry for the :thread, but the OP needed to know some stuff here is way off the wall, since he/she is new and doesn't know some people talk out of more than just their mouth.​

I don't sub out design. I can also install myself I choose not to. Here is how I reached the pricing and it works. I learned it here.

Artwork:
Artwork 1 hr minimum - $75.00
Scanning Charge (Coaster) - $25.00
Font Search - $25.00
Color Matching - $25.00
Proofing (Digital or Email) - $25.00
PITA Charge - $25.00

Total: $200.00

Installation:
1.5 hours drive time (45 mins to go to anywhere in my area with traffic) - $75.00
.50 hours on site (locating, measuring, prepping, installing) - $25.00

Total: $100.00

Printing:
2 ft x 2 ft material x $6.25 sq. ft. = $25.00

Total: $25.00

Add it up - $325.00.

Now I may sub out some of the work like install that comes out of my profit I have other work to do where its sometimes more profitable to hire someone to do this for me so I can work on other projects.

2 year life expectancy of signage. 730 days. $325.00 / 730 = $0.45 a day for brand exposure. Go try and get a Yellow page ad or a Bus Bench ad for that.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
2 year life expectancy of signage. 730 days. $325.00 / 730 = $0.45 a day for brand exposure. Go try and get a Yellow page ad or a Bus Bench ad for that.

I'd never ask a customer to pay $325 on an 18in x 18in decal that had a 2 year life expectancy. That's outrageous.

andy

Adtechia EXPECTS most of his new business clients to last 24 months.... this makes sense when you consider that most new businesses fail within the first 3 years.... I assume that Adtech has knocked off 12 months to allow for the parlous state of the US economy.

At NO POINT did Adtechia say that this graphic would be made using vinyl with a 2 year life expectancy. Two years applies to the costing model he's using ONLY. This is based on graphic cost divided by expected days of use...... $325 for the graphic.... 730 days. If you want to be anal about it divide £325 by 1825.... this will give you the daily cost for a graphic made from 5 year vinyl.

Other advertising mediums frequently use cost per day or cost per impression as part of their sales shtick.... using the same principles to sell signage is something I've seen quite frequently in the past.

I really don't get all the harrumping and finger poking... if Adtech can sell a window graphic for $325 why aren't we congratulating him and finding out the secrets to his selling techinques? More importantly why are you doing the same kind of work for 1/3 the price?

If you think about this with a modicum of logic Adtechias pricing system could be great news for you.... if there were MORE people, be it brokers or producers like Adtech maybe, just maybe prices might start going up for once... instead of falling constantly. It doesn't matter if you regard brokers as the scum of the earth... if they're out there talking to sign buyers, upselling our products.... basically doing the kind of professional selling work most sign makers are $hit at you might just find that the buying public start thinking that $325 is a reasonable market price.... a tide which lifts all ships so to speak.

You might be happy selling a graphic like this for $90 but tell me that you wouldn't like to sell the same thing for $325 and I'll call you a big fat liar. Making money is GOOD thing.... if you aren't up for it what are you doing in business?