• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing my Gerger Edge II and envision

bigben

I have a Gerber edge II printer, envision vinyl cutter and omega 6.0 (with dongle) that I would like to sell. I also have around 24 foils cassettes. The vinyl cutter need service because I have a connection error code (I'm using my summa cutter). But the printer is still perfect. How much could I get for in a real world. I've saw 2-3 machines for sale online, but they are there for quite some time now. I'm not in a hurry for sale, but I also would like to see it go in the next few months.

Thanks for your advise.

Ben

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know people are still using this technology, but isn't it a little outdated ?? I was looking into one some time ago, but pulled the plug and bought a flatbed instead.

What all can these machines do.... if working correctly ??

bigben

I know people are still using this technology, but isn't it a little outdated ?? I was looking into one some time ago, but pulled the plug and bought a flatbed instead.

I've bought this machine around 5 years ago to make labels for HVAC and electrical company to put on machines outdoor. The thermal technology is the most durable I've found (even with todays technology). Since it take 15in wide roll and the print speed is amassing (if you print 1 color), it was fairly easy to do small runs. It's basicly an outdoor label machine. I've sold that part of the business to a friend of mine but he already had a gerber printer. I had between 30 to 50 orders per weeks and could do all of them in one day. Friday was print day and everything was shipped monday. We did the packaging monday morning.

brdesign

They are great for doing small decals with spot colors, and you also have the options of white, silver foil, and gold foil.

netsol

Premium Subscriber

Fred turns out TONS of product with his edge's (we have 2 but they are under utilized)
There are tons of specialty materials

Jburns

probably 3500 for all three items if good condition, fair print minutes and print head test to show no bad pixels. the biggest hassle will be the shipping. Best to be individually padded, boxed and palletized- LTL shipping and highly suggest securing the head. I have used zip ties and labels to remove before turning on, but head stabilization kit and packing from gerber is best.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
BE CAREFUL
that is a ceramic print head. it is fragile like you grandmother's christmas ornaments or a tea set.

AT A MINIMUM put a piece of bubble wrap under the head.
many people still have the protective bracket for shipping & have seen a couple ebay people who would rent you the "transport bracket"

the head's replacement cost is about $3000 even for the older machines that are not worth $3K

citysignshop

I would be interested in the software and dongle...let me know what version? I have a small amount of experience with shipping these, and I believe you need to 'block' up the print head on the chassis with something solid, and strap it down securely as others have noted....obviously get some good advice before shipping!!! I have used mine to print white, to complement our Roland inkjet, but it also contour cuts very accurately, UNATTENDED......due to the punch driven media ( unlike the roland!)

netsol

Premium Subscriber
citysignshop
there is a lot to be said for a machine to be able to cut accurately to the end of a 150 ft roll

many friction plotters can barely cut to the end of a 6' job...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not only cut accurately, but pounce anything ya might need. Our 30" has been cutting perfectly since 1992. Our 15" bit the dust a few years ago. It's totally fixable, we just don't need it as everything we do is 54" or 30" by special order.

artofacks1

I have a Gerber edge II printer, envision vinyl cutter and omega 6.0 (with dongle) that I would like to sell. I also have around 24 foils cassettes. The vinyl cutter need service because I have a connection error code (I'm using my summa cutter). But the printer is still perfect. How much could I get for in a real world. I've saw 2-3 machines for sale online, but they are there for quite some time now. I'm not in a hurry for sale, but I also would like to see it go in the next few months.

Thanks for your advise.

Ben
Where are you located? I am interested in the 375 if I could test it.

brdesign

Not only cut accurately, but pounce anything ya might need. Our 30" has been cutting perfectly since 1992. Our 15" bit the dust a few years ago. It's totally fixable, we just don't need it as everything we do is 54" or 30" by special order.
Is that one of those plotters where you adjust the cutting pressure by stacking weights on the blade holder?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, but we had that version in the very beginning. That's the really old ones. These have dial in knobs. Ours are HS plus plotters.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Is that one of those plotters where you adjust the cutting pressure by stacking weights on the blade holder?
i still have my gerber smc 4 (sentimental value,) it is actually to the left of my desk & i run a few jobs on it every couple months
the smc 4 had the stacks of weights

d1designs

I've seen the prices all over the place from $1900 to $4500 so I'm open to an honest offer. I've owned it for about 15 years and used it very lightly and only for cutting vinyl stickers as a hobby. I know the machine is capable of far more than what I have been using it for. I am located in California Bay Area.

Attachments

• Envision 375.jpg
    Envision 375.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 50