• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing on 5000 vinyl cut decals

Customstickerco

Hey everyone,

I don't normally do massive orders, only about 500 - 1000 at the most so I have no idea how low to go on price.

It's a pretty easy weed and the size is 2.5 x 1 inch

Just curious on what others would charge, I'm thinking about 2k.

I don't really want to out source either as I like the product I produce and can regulate its quality. Also this might be a great business relationship if I land the contract.

Has anyone made this sort of quantity before? How long did it take with how many employees?

Thanks in advance

Luke

phototec

I have no idea what to tell you, you have not provided enough info for the decal: Color(s), material(s), Specifications?

Please include a photo of the decal?

:omg:

royster13

Let Stouse do them.....They do not cad cut them at that quantity.....They are done with heated zinc dies on a letter press machine....This should be about 2,500.00 retail.....

Customstickerco

I have no idea what to tell you, you have not provided enough info for the decal: Color(s), material(s), Specifications?

Please include a photo of the decal?

:omg:

It's 1 color, and I don't charge for color changes lets just say it's 5000 of white.

I'll be using Arlon intermediate calendered costing me about $1.50/yard

As far as the decal goes it's an easy weed, I'd rather not post a pic.

I like the 2k is pretty cheap.

Any idea how long this would take 3 people?

thanks

phototec

It's 1 color, and I don't charge for color changes lets just say it's 5000 of white.

I'll be using Arlon intermediate calendered costing me about $1.50/yard

As far as the decal goes it's an easy weed, I'd rather not post a pic.

I like the 2k is pretty cheap.

Any idea how long this would take 3 people?

thanks

Yes, cut three decals (see how long the plotter takes), now have each of the three people weed and apply app tape and time them, add it all up and do the math - - Bingo, you have your answer!

No one here knows the efficiency of your three people, (professional weeders, beginners, helpers), only you will have the answer!

:smile:

player

If it is an easy weed you should be able to tear weed it and do a 2' x 3' section in about 1 minute.

Vinylman

Hi!

I'm new here, and I don't have a clue how to run my business. PLEASE help me figure out how to low ball the decal industry. I have three people standing around with their collective thumbs stuck in their a$$, and wondering what I should pay them while I get some help pricing a job I don't want anyone else to see because it might fall into the wrong hands [ like someone who knows how to run a company and quote jobs based on the REAL world cost + making a fair profit for my company].

The use of intermediate vinyl on a job like this is a disaster waiting to happen. You are doing the customer a TOTAL disservice using cheap products. There is an old saying, "penny wise pound foolish". Fits this situation EXACTLY.

:banghead:

Customstickerco

Hi!

I'm new here, and I don't have a clue how to run my business. PLEASE help me figure out how to low ball the decal industry. I have three people standing around with their collective thumbs stuck in their a$$, and wondering what I should pay them while I get some help pricing a job I don't want anyone else to see because it might fall into the wrong hands [ like someone who knows how to run a company and quote jobs based on the REAL world cost + making a fair profit for my company].

The use of intermediate vinyl on a job like this is a disaster waiting to happen. You are doing the customer a TOTAL disservice using cheap products. There is an old saying, "penny wise pound foolish". Fits this situation EXACTLY.

Very insightful Vinylman, thanks for the great input!

Please do tell how you gained such knowledge without ever asking any questions.

Also I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on price based selling and effective techniques to undercut the market while increasing my work load for little to no profit.

Thanks in advance!

phototec

Hi!

:goodpost:Vinylman, that is a great post, you hit the nail on the HEAD!!! This guy has NO glue and wants us to tell him how much to charge, hell we have no IDEA what his overhead is (labor rate, etc).

:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
To stay competitive with the market you are in, I think I'd be somewhere around 14¢ each. Based on the material you're using and the difficulty in your project, I'd still probably throw a 10% discount at 2,500 pieces and maybe a 15% discount at 5,000 pieces. Otherwise, some other internet based company will snatch this up in a jiffy. No need to worry about shops from India or China bidding cause the freight will kill them.

You hafta start somewhere and ya might as well start at the bottom where all the other lowballers seem to hang out. I'd let you other two guys go and do it all yourself, cause you'll keep more profit that way. I'd also look for cheaper vinyl, as the customer will never know how you intend to screw them, so why not just go all the way ??

As for the other poster getting so smart without asking any questions..... he, like anyone else in any business, learned the business from the bottom up and retained what they learned.

Those who come here to get free advice..... more power to ya, but don't look a Gift Horse in the mouth. The Gift Horse being the whole place in general. You're gonna get mixed signals and you'll like some and you'll despise others, but in the end, it all works out in the wash. You wanna learn for free, then be ready to take lessons the hard way. Mama, never said it would be easy, huh ??

:Oops: What's that you say ?? Why do some hafta be a$$holes about it ?? Well, put the shoe on the other foot.

synergy_jim

Seriously you are planning to weed and tape 5000 decals...? Better bring ur lunch:thumb:

One of my bigger customers back in the day was Kohler faucets. We cut weeded and masked 10,000 1" x 3" decals for them 3-4 times a year. They had to be brushed chrome, so we had no other option. Its amazing how good you get at weeding producing orders like that. It got to a point where we would cut and weed about 2000 pieces a day. I'm not going to say I loved it though…… sore fingers….

Vinylman

Very insightful Vinylman, thanks for the great input!

Please do tell how you gained such knowledge without ever asking any questions.

Also I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on price based selling and effective techniques to undercut the market while increasing my work load for little to no profit.

Thanks in advance!

NO NO NO, let me THANK YOU, for your compliment.

As to your second response. I asked many questions in my 30 years in this business. They just weren't as presumptuous as yours.

Third: I believe you are well on your way, as Gino pointed out in his post.

And lastly Thanks in retrospect!:Big Laugh