• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Prining OPOS marks through Rasterlink 6

Gary Wiant

I run Signlab, a jV300 160 & a Summa S2 T140, I'm trying to figure out a way to print OPOS marks through Rasterlink 6 & send the cut data through Signlabs VPM cutting Queue. I would prefer not to have to do a bunch of jumping around into & out of Corel or illustrator

Thank you
Gary

gabagoo

I'm pretty sure that Rasterlink only supports Mimaki plotters, which in itself has to be a complete marketing failure by Mimaki.

rjssigns

I run Signlab, a jV300 160 & a Summa S2 T140, I'm trying to figure out a way to print OPOS marks through Rasterlink 6 & send the cut data through Signlabs VPM cutting Queue. I would prefer not to have to do a bunch of jumping around into & out of Corel or illustrator

Thank you
Gary
Sounds like you're trying to travel a very convoluted path. Your Summa should have been packaged with WinPlot or similar as a plug-in for Illustrator. Design in Illustrator use WinPlot and call it a day.
Honestly though get Flexi and be done with trying to get all kinds of programs to mesh.

BTW there's a reason Rasterlink is free.;).

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Exactly as mentioned above. Rasterlink is Mimaki only. If you want to streamline your workflow, you need a full service RIP like Flexi or Onyx.

Gary Wiant

Gabagoo - Raster link prints will send either type 1 or type 2 Registration marks both are read by Graphtec plus who knows what other cutters. While Graphtec are great cutters I don't feel they are even close to the quality of Summa's

rjssigns - that would be great if I had Illustrator or even knew how to use it. I've been using SignLab for over 24 years so I know it very well, as for Flexi, I've been considering buying Flexi, but I'd need 2 full print 'n cut suites & I'm not sure hoe it would print.