• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print/cut chrome wrap

New England Wraps

Are there any vendors that offer printing on chrome wrap for some decals ( Print/Cut ) ?
I have a couple of decals a guy is looking to get for a dirt bike.

Thanks

Dale D

Just remember, Substance only makes calendared vinyl right now, no cast. On a good note, they specialize in vinyl for motocross plastic.

Olenick Designs

Sign Explorer
Are there any vendors that offer printing on chrome wrap for some decals ( Print/Cut ) ?

Thank
Have you ever tried to print on cast or calendared laminate? after printing your artwork on a laminate, laminate the print or “laminate the laminate“ per say. then mount that to the reflective. its one of my favorite decals to make. in essence you could print your own any color wrap-able chrome decals. i have never tried them on an actual wrap but i know they last forever on flat surface and indoors and ive never seen them delam indoors. my guess is they would work well outdoors too but dont quote me on it… using chrome as your white substrate replacement is probably my favorite decal combo

Attachments

• C6CC139F-C9DD-4073-8686-1AA536D25123.jpeg
    C6CC139F-C9DD-4073-8686-1AA536D25123.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 170
  • B6BCF604-39BE-440E-BAF6-950B370CCBA1.jpeg
    B6BCF604-39BE-440E-BAF6-950B370CCBA1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
  • C0E56013-D279-4B6E-B2C1-2B9D0C4204C8.jpeg
    C0E56013-D279-4B6E-B2C1-2B9D0C4204C8.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 169

SlikGRFX

Thanks
Someone with a gerber edge could print these for you with chrome foil on a specific vinyl designed for low energy plastics.

We can possibly print these. You are welcome to dm me. Thanks.

SlikGRFX

We can take care of you. We print moto and snowmobile graphics! I stock substance chrome. Dm me we would be happy to help.
I'm interested to try the Substance chrome. Do you print white over the chrome as a backer for other colours? If so which printer do you use and how is the coverage?

netsol

could you not get a similar effect with a roland bn-20 or one of the used vs300 family with white/reflective capability?

netsol

no, i am aware, just a thought,
we have 3 gerber edges, but, use them a lot less, i wasn't sure if that effect might work for you .

SlikGRFX

Ah, we run Roland and Epson printers with metallic, as well as Edge FX. Currently looking for an alternative for the Edge for chrome prints

I was curious if he was using a UV printer to underlay the white. I have never been impressed with the opacity of eco solvent white ink, not to mention the issues it causes with print heads.

netsol

IN ANOTHER WEEK we will have our mutoh hybrid up, (printhead is coming in today)
we aquired it about a month ago
it uses MP31 inks. we can't wait to see how it's capabilities measure up
perhaps we can print a few samples for you, so you can see if you would want to acquire a mutoh hybrid

petepaz

what about the R-tape FX metallic materials. they have solvent printable chrome.
their outdoor life span is not like cast materials but may fit the bill for what you are looking to do

petepaz

Ah, we run Roland and Epson printers with metallic, as well as Edge FX. Currently looking for an alternative for the Edge for chrome prints

I was curious if he was using a UV printer to underlay the white. I have never been impressed with the opacity of eco solvent white ink, not to mention the issues it causes with print heads.
we print on chrome and or metallic materials on our uv printers all the time works great. definitely better opacity compared to solvent and eco-solvent

regardstobuck

I'm interested to try the Substance chrome. Do you print white over the chrome as a backer for other colours? If so which printer do you use and how is the coverage?
You can if you want the color to be more opaque. Usually we just print color right on the chrome, the lighter the color the more chrome effect. We use both Hp latex and Epson printers.

artofacks1

You can if you want the color to be more opaque. Usually we just print color right on the chrome, the lighter the color the more chrome effect. We use both Hp latex and Epson printers.
Hello, what HP Latex do you have? I’m having a bit of trouble printing on sub chrome with my Latex 700w.

regardstobuck

We have a latex 360... our epson does a little bit better job than the Latex. What is the
Hello, what HP Latex do you have? I’m having a bit of trouble printing on sub chrome with my Latex 700w.
We have a latex 360. The epson prints much better on chrome than the latex tho as far as color, what is the problem you are having?

artofacks1

We have a latex 360... our epson does a little bit better job than the Latex. What is the

We have a latex 360. The epson prints much better on chrome than the latex tho as far as color, what is the problem you are having?
I’m having a blur effect sometimes. Pic attached.

Also, even if I use the take up reel it seems to stick and won’t move. It happens even on the intake rollers.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    935 KB · Views: 64