• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print quality issue

Bigcat_hunter

What would cause a wave pattern to be seen where it should be solid red? Running two 1204 printers printing the same design. One printer prints perfect the other shows the wave pattern. Not real bad but enough to bug me.

Iv'e cleaned the head, wiper and cap as well as done a strong cleaning. Any thoughts?

4R Graphics

We dont run Mutoh printers but the whole wave technology doesnt band thing is not true it sounds to me like you have banding in your print. You still get banding its just in a wave pattern instead of straight.

Again I dont know anything about your printer but try adjusting your media comp. Just remember what number you started with so if it doesnt fix the problem you can set it back where it was.

Also make big adjustments at first so you can figure out what is going on then fine tune it.

If you post up a pic or 2 it would help us help you a lot easier.

heyskull

First check you have no blocked jets.
Then it is time to PF adjust.
I'm not at work at the moment if you have a search on this board the answer is.

SC

JoeBoomer

I got that type of pattern on cheap banner material on my latex printer. The media couldn't handle the heat that the latex printer was dishing out. Sounds heat related / cheap or incompatible media maybe?