• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer to engage or power up

novedist

On a valuejet 1204 sometimes the printer would start ready to print. Most times it would not. Push the power light to turn on and it comes on then shows the bios version and it keeps doing this but never engages printer. I was told it needed a new motherboard, so I replaced that and same thing. I can hold the left arrow key down while turning it on and it will go to the param menu. When I hold the up, down and right arrow keys down nothing happens. It should go into maintance menu.

novedist

It looks like no one knew this. I tried to put in sub controller and firmware but it wouldn't let me and kept telling me that it failed. I guess you can't upgrade these using Vista. I tried on 3 different Vista computers. I hooked up a XP computer and it went in. I was told by Mutoh that it needed a motherboard but now I am wondering if I did as the firmware was corrupted. Just a thought for anyone using Vista.

novedist

It may be a IP conflict in my network. The three Vista Computers are on the same network. The XP is a stand alone.

MacDaddy

When you hold the left arrow button down while powering up it should go into the Board Manager Mode...

novedist

I was strange thing I can ping the printer in board manager mode but when I tried to load firmware it said on the printer transfer failed. Now that it is installed it prints fine from Vista.