• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing and cutters stickers

ladyeleanor

i have a roland cx 24 and can print one colour graphics with this but i would like to print and cut coloured graphics.

Without sounding too thick, how do i do this? Do i have to buy another machine to print and then use my cx 24 to cut or am i doing this arse about face?

i would only be printing and cutting small things, nothing huge. Stickers no more the 2ft in diameter.

thanks

i was going to go for the roland pc 60 but have read some bad reviews on here. is there a cost effective way of doing this whilst i still keep and use my roland cx 24?

Pro Image

Look in to a Roland Versacam 30in printer cutter.........It sounds like that is what you need.............

geedub

Your cx 24 doesn't actually print anything. It cuts solid vinyl, and you can get as creative as you like with solid vinyl, it can be layered and layered to make very nice looking graphics. Depending on what you're trying to print, could probably be done in vinyl using your cx 24 alone.

ladyeleanor

i know it doesn't print but if i was to buy a separate printer only, would it be stupid to have two machines running. one to print, one to cut? even if that can be done?

i don't want to spend huge amounts of money just to print coloured vinyl to make stickers.

or do i sell the cx 24 and invest in something else.

mmmm, decisions decisions

cheers

Flame

M'am.... the cheapest printer I know of.... is $13k. A 30" Versacamm. You can looked for used ones, but they're usually only a couple grand less than new. Unless you're willing to drop atleast $15,000-$20,000..... you probably shouldn't look into getting into printing.

oc63rag

You could buy a Roland GX-24 with optical registration. You still have to print on one machine and bring it over to the Roland but it would be much easier than with the CX.

ladyeleanor

wow!

i paid 280 quid for my cx 24, done me ok.

so without biting my head off. how do the printers differ from the printer that i have running beside me that prints my sons homework?

i'm new don't forget.

Pro Image

wow!

i paid 280 quid for my cx 24, done me ok.

so without biting my head off. how do the printers differ from the printer that i have running beside me that prints my sons homework?

i'm new don't forget.

Your sons printer uses a waterbased ink..........the printers that we are referring to uses solvent to carry the ink pigment to the vinyl......

ladyeleanor

ok, that is like my sublimation ink, well kinda, once pressed at high heat it impregnates into the material.....

So could i just not buy a cheaper solvent based printer? without the cutting facility in that, then cut using my cx 24 which has optical eye?

thanks lads and lasses

Flame

You don't get it. $13000 IS a cheap price. That's a starters price, not even close to a high end printer.

mystysue

oo Lady.. if you have dyesub you can do this.. altho they will not be UV protected if your planing on using outside..
You can get a type of vinyl that you use dyesub with.. then you can cut them out on you plotter.. ..