• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing and cutters stickers

mystysue

Sure you can PM me..

ok the first machine the color camm 60 it is an older machine that was not known to be reliable to begin with. They are known for needing new heads and all sorts of problems..

the second one is a good machine.. but if you notice the auction is not over and it has a reserve and does not even say what the reserve is.. so it could very well end up being close to 10,000 ..

ladyeleanor

ok dave, will be careful.

i just want to print small stickers so don't need anything i don't need, especially if i can use my dyesub stuff.

you learn a new thing everyday.

it would be great if i could use my cx 24 and sublimation stuff. i would have to buy nothing! :smile:

ali

Flame

Just face the fact you can't do it for cheap. Full color decals don't come cheap. Period. Unless you want to dump a chunk of change into it, you're out of options.

There are many ways you may think you can get around this fact, but other than outsourcing, you simply can't. Trust me, I was in the same boat. I just bit the bullet eventually though.... and dropped the dough.

gvgraphics

If you are looking for short term outdoor (up to 3 years) you can look into the Epson Stylus Pro series with Ultra Chrome Ink. The 4800 series is around $2500 w/ RIP and then there is the 7800 and 9800 series that start at around $4000 to $6000 w/ RIP.
These are just some options and may help you get your foot in the door. But what ever you do stay away from the colorcamms (PC12,50,60,600). Hard to get serviced and most had allot of problems.

geedub

actually, sell the cx and buy a gerber edge. I believe you could get a used one for a couple of grand. That's what I would do.

Flame

actually, sell the cx and buy a gerber edge. I believe you could get a used one for a couple of grand. That's what I would do.

Heck, I'd buy an edge if I could find one for a couple grand. Just for a label and transparent vinyl printer. However... best price I've ever found is $6500 for a well used one.

geedub

they're all over ebay for 3500 bucks. it's the LE machine, a little older but 3500 bucks all over the place, still under manufacter warranty.

iSign

I consider my used edge, envision & Omega to be still worth $20,000.00 8 years later... it has put out half a million dollars worth so far, and I fully expect it to put out another $500K

...unless you think all the veterans here are a bunch of wasteful cash-happy idiots
...why don't you accept expert advice when you ask for it, instead of badgering us over and over with your unoriginal and unrealistic wishes?

yeah, we all thought sign & decal printing equipment was expensive, but we either bought it or made other plans, like you will have to do.

Last edited:

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
LadyEleanor,

We had a CX-500 and now a GX-500 and just so you know, there is a bit of a learning curve there as far as "using that optical eye!" It is a little bit tricky, and depends on what software you are using as well. You will slice right through the middle of several decals before you get it down, I would bet. Not trying to discourage you from trying, but I would take the advice of Pro Image and look into the VersaCamm. Then sell your CX-24 - even on e-bay!

Good luck!

James