• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing banners

evie

I've done this over and over, even deleted the printer and reinstalled. It won't clear the queue.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Put it to bed and let it get some rest, drink plenty of fluids [for you] :beer:beer:beer and check it out in the morning.

tgrinds

If restarting computer and machine doesn't work. Try this: in Flexi, try pausing the print queue and then deleting the job. I'm not familiar enough with that brand of s/w, but you can also go into the job directory of Flexi and throw the job in the recycling bin. The job then will no longer exist on the server.

If that doesn't work, then I'd also take Gino's recommendation.

evie

Got it, we had to go to the jobs folder on the hard drive, and delete it from there, then go back in to flexi and delete it again. On the banner, it prints without any head strikes only when I turn the heat off. The only other issue that I am having is that it is not as vibrant of a print, as my graphic is. I am printing in 720/720, should I be at a higher print setting, or do I have to set special specs in my ICC? Thanks

webtoole

13 oz. banner material buckling and getting head strikes

Hello. I came across your thread. I was having the same problems. I switched from using PEAK 13 OZ. banner material to a slightly higher prices Ultraflex. I still had the same problems and was getting very frustrated because it was not happening right at the start of the print. It would usually happen about 2 - 3 feet into the print and was always on the left side to the middle of the banner. This was getting expensive as far as wasting ink and banner material. I finally got fed up and called the pros at Fellers. The support there has been top notch for me. They said that it sounded like my media was not fed straight and was causing it to buckle. Sure enough I looked at the media at the rear of the printer as it was being fed in to the pinch rollers and it was way buckled on the far side furthest away from the control panel. They suggested to reload the media. Their instructions were to let enough media trough that you can grab the center of the media with the lid closed. Then while holding the media in the center, reach over the printer and grab the right side of the media roll and roll it to remove all slack. Then while still holding the media in the center in front of the printer, lower the pinch roller leavers. Then they suggested that I make some pencil marks on each edge of the media on the front and rear of the printer directly on the metal. This can wash off in the future. They then asked me to use the bottom arrow button to feed media through. I fed out about 5-6' and it stayed exactly on the marks w/o any tracking or buckling issues. I ultimately did not have my media loaded correctly and that was causing the buckling. I did end up setting the print head on high from now on with banner material. Everything works fine and no more head strikes. I run my pre heater at 35 C, my platen heater at 38C and my drier at 48-50 C. All is good now. After a head strike, you need to do a head cleaning. If that does not unclog the heads, take a peice of lint free cleaning cloth, put a bit of eco solve or solvent depending on what brand of printer you have and manually hold the soaked lint free rag under the print head and apply pressure. Do not rub or move the cloth, just press and let the solvent gradually soften up the ink that is clogging the print head. Run a full heave cleaning cycle again and all should be good. They said if my head is clogged real bad, that you can fold up a lint free rag soaked in eco solve and fold it up, set the head to high, lay the rag on top of the sponge, park the print head over the rag with the head on high and then lower the head on top of the eco solve soaked rag and leave for several hours to over night and it should unclog the head. Try these steps and see if it doesn't fix your problems. I love printing, but do get frustrated when things don't work perfectly. I just try to learn from my mistakes and only let them happen once. Good luck!