• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Benjamin Moore Color Need Help

Big Blue

I need to print two benjamin Moore colors. I am curious to see if there is a benjamin moore color library I can download to Flexi or Illustrator...I would be just as grateful to anyone who can give me the CMYK or RGB formulas to "#985 Indian River" and "INT.RM Designers White". Thanks in advance.....New to the digital industry and would like to produce for the Company I work for on this one....any thoughts or ideas are welcomed.

MachServTech

The only good way to do that is to borrow or buy a x-rite i1 spectrophotometer. There is an i1 Match software that comes with it that will easily give you equivalency data

Big Blue

Why are you wrapping a house?????

No we have a national customer who wants us to make a print based off of a fabric pattern, and he wants to change the colors to match the signs we make for them.... On my shelf I have a Spyder 2Pro color calibration system....it has a layer of dust 1" thick on it and no one here has ever taken the time to learn how to use it....Again I am new to the whole digital world, having good success though. I was given the Digital Job when no one else here wanted it and the only other person who knew how to run our printers qot canned for missing too much. I have taught myself how to run our Vutek 200/600, and our MimakiJV3, but know I am missing some big parts to making this puzzle more succesful.....Could use some insight on how exactly this Spider 2Pro works, or if I'm even on the right track.

Thanks again, and thanks for helping me out without giving crap, alot of other forums tear into the guy who has little to no knowledge.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You cannot reliably match some specified color or another in any abstract manner. It's highly unlikely that anyone can give you a quartet of CMYK values that will work in your environment. You have to print whatever spectrum you can print on your equipment in your environment on the prospective media and then eyeball the sample you're attempting to match against your sample print. Under the proper light.

Just pick the printed sample that's closest to what you're trying to match. If there's two than seem to match, go with the darker of the two. If more that two seem to match, you need another set of eyes on the problem.

That's the best you're going to be able to do. If that doesn't satisfy your client then you're client won't be satisfied. It's still the best you can do.

smlaws

Go to the site map on BM website. Look in the Architects & Designer's section for "download color palettes. There are AutoCAD, Lightworks, and Photoshop swatch files. You must sign up for an account to download. Everything that you need should be there.
Hope this helps out.
smlaws

Big Blue

Go to the site map on BM website. Look in the Architects & Designer's section for "download color palettes. There are AutoCAD, Lightworks, and Photoshop swatch files. You must sign up for an account to download. Everything that you need should be there.
Hope this helps out.
smlaws

This actually got me very close to what I am trying to reach. They offer the palletes in illustrator also...Thanks smlaws

anyone know much about the Spyder 2pro color matching system

Big Blue

Figures, we got it free when we bought our Vutek 200/600 UV flatbed.

What exactly is it supposed to do?