• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing media 101

Gary Wiant

I've been following the thread and while I'm not a Roland fan, I do think you did a good thing going with the 54" just because it's a 54" machine you can always run 36" media.

Good Luck

Colin

I've been following the thread.....

I have a cat that does that too. :Big Laugh

....and while I'm not a Roland fan, I do think you did a good thing going with the 54" just because it's a 54" machine you can always run 36" media.

Ya, it's pretty cool. Curious......why aren't you a Roland fan?

I'm havin' fun just getting an image off the 'net, adding a black frame and lettering, and voila - instant cool print!

Attachments

• Jazz.jpg
    Jazz.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 88

timkaz227

Materials

I just got a used sp-540 couple of weeks ago(first printer). I first got any free samples the suppliers would send me to try out on the printer. then I bought some others based solely on price, so I would have media around to turn some quick jobs if needed. I have no complaints with anything i've used. Mostly LG which is much less the avery & oracal, etc... I have been making vinyl banners and signs for many years and never had anyone question whether the material was gloss or not. I needed a 39" roll to make 3' banners they had gloss in stock not matte so thats what I bought. I doubt anyone will complain.

Colin

what is the brand of t/u reel? Is there a website?

These 3rd party T/U reels are a bit of a mystery. I have come across three different ones now, and they all look the same, but re-badged.

There's the "ReelPro" from Supply55........

The "WindUp" from England.......

...and the one I got included with my printer from Pony Graphic Solutions (no name on it).

They likely all come out of the same Chinese factory.

I'd say that they are the way to go however over the Roland one. The Roland Take-Up is a better unit; it uses a "dancer" system, but you still can't print & cut large (long) jobs with it either, so the $2000.00 price tag doesn't make sense.

Attachments

• P1050427.JPG
    P1050427.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 102