• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on canvas

Joe Diaz

Yeah, recently we've been doing a bunch of printing on canvas. One project was for a local restaurant. We're taking old historic photos of the area and printing them on canvas. I Like the way they turned out so much, that I think I'm going to print some stuff for my studio/guestroom in my house.

WCSign

yeah that sounds awesome, I do some reprints of original artwork for a gallery in Oakland, thats what made me get the sample.. its pretty impressive

we print on canvas alot on our roland. i really like doing black/white canvas prints, they have so much more depth.
i did a 3ft one of the new york skyline(color) for my office and used reclaimed wood for the framing.
our roland really does print nice canvas i must admit.

rjssigns

Whose material are you using? I have a Roland also and the last couple samples turned out like poo. It was some time ago so I don't remember the name. I have tons of my own photography that I would like to print to canvas, and make a gallery wall.

Whose material are you using? I have a Roland also and the last couple samples turned out like poo. It was some time ago so I don't remember the name. I have tons of my own photography that I would like to print to canvas, and make a gallery wall.

we have a roll of canvas from fellers at the moment. doesn't have a label on the inside, sorry, just checked.
We have also used canvas from proveer, they have "house brand" that we tried and got some good results from.
Both canvas rolls we have(1 from fellers and 1 from proveer, different sizes) print real nice. the colors are very good and we haven't had any problems with either rolls.

rjssigns

Cool. We have an account with Fellers. Haven't heard of proveer though.

Thanks for the intel.

we've used breathingcolor also, good products and very good customer service.

rjssigns>>> proveer have locations all over the usa and canada.

We use the HP Satin Canvas. I don't have a problem with it. Use a 16 pass bidirectional. Comes out clean and then wrap around a frame. Heres a picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 80
We also made some patches for a pair of canvas shoes for an employee. She then took and sowed onto the shoes. I don't have a picture but i'll see if I can get one.

Tigertron

Thanks. I have the sample Roland roll too but haven't had the chance to test it out. Your print looks nice. Now to find a picture worth printing :)

WCSign

Nice!! Thanks for all the input and replies guys!! I think it could be a great random service that could fill a niche need and generate some income