• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on removable clear and after 80" completely tunnels!!

gabagoo

I can understand how this happens considering it is a removable adhesive but it is designed to be printed on and I dropped my heat to 35 / 30 which is about the lowest I would go.

After about 80" the tunneling starts and it still was printing ok and i figured ok I can use a soft squeegee and get it back down.

Then I could see the tunneleing was happening behind the pinch rollers and getting worse to the point where the heads near the end of the print started hitting the vinyl.

ugggg...why sell a product if it does not work?

Look at this pic and tell me this is not complete product failure.

Attachments

• tunnel.JPG
    tunnel.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 145

Flame

Had that happen test printing some cheappppp china stuff. I'd say poor quality material?

gabagoo

This product is American made and generally good stuff. I knew I would have an issue when I loaded it into the printer, before the heat was even on a tunnel formed. I figure the adhesive is not strong enough to hold onto the silicone paper.

Cant see printing with no heat and guaranteeing the finished print

Flame

Try turning on the back 2 heaters, but keeping the final postheater? Just an idea, it seemed to help.

Rydaddy

I have never seen anything like that. How the....? I bet even with all the heaters off it will still buckle. In general I find clear more difficult to print on. I have a roll of cheap, cheap, cheap matte intermediate from Grimco that channels badly. Not as bad as what you showed us, but bad. It just sits behind the printer now taking up space while I print on IJ35.

gabagoo

Mimaki is the printer, but the tunnels can form behind the pinch rollers and then thats real bad as the rollers basically pinch the vinyl off the backing paper. I think it is a defective roll at this pointcause I have used this product before and had no problems

Custom_Grafx

If you have used it before, and it didn't do that... either you are doing something different, or the environment is different, or you have a bad batch or something... I would also ask my supplier/rep.

Sticky Signs

not sure how your mimaki holds/dispenses the media or where the heaters are but I would guess that using media flanges would solve (or at least help the issue).