• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing problem

primaldog

hello
dog here and yes i m new to the printing world maybe you guy have anwsered this before tried seaching but dont now what they call this problem

when i m print lighter colors from a jpg i my color get some large banding it go light dark light dark
i understand banding as far as calibrating for feed speed and i dont get much banding as far as that but it the difference in color is what bothers me here a example pic

printed from flexisign 8.5 16pass fast unidirection (it dont make a difference if i go fast or slow uni or bi still get it
on ij 35 3m media
printer mimaki jv33 with es3 inks

thanksfor your time
dog
ps sorry about the spelling mistake and grammer:thankyou:

heat :40c 38c 50c

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 204

spectracolor

I had that happen once before...I didn't use the printer for 2 to 3 days and i tried print something similar....solid green background with white text and I got the same banding...
So I did a nozzle clean and printed another and it solved the problem.

(That was on my SP-540...my epson 9600 never has any problems though)

primaldog

try that light cleaning and a heavy cleaning still no change

it only when there is a gradient if i pic a spot color everything works great

thewood

Judging from the picture, it looks like the heat is too high. But from the settings you show, the heat shouldn't be the culprit. Is the 50c, the preheat temp? Try kicking the 50c setting down to 42c or so, and see if that helps. I get this same issue with light greens mostly. Lowering the heat helps in my case.

cgsigns_jamie

I print 3M IJ-35 almost everyday on my XC-540 with out any banding. My heat settings are: Pre=38c, Print=40c, Dry=55c.

Last edited:
S

Stan B

you head height is too high or un-even. Use 2 bolts on the head holder to lower and straighten it

Marie

If I am running a low quality (in other words - customer created) jpeg, I will get that same splotchy-ness. Changing to KF Diffusion always helps even out the tone.

gabagoo

I think it is a heat problem as well, as I have had that when running large amounts of spot colours. It can be aggrevating to try and control it.

ColesCreations

Hi.

We have been having the same problem, cool pattern though!

On ours it goes away with "no color correction".

I guess that makes it a rip / profile issue, but I can not understand why the heck it is not consistent? Why is the stripe dark one pass, then lighter the next?

FlexiSign is our rip also.

We have also been advised to change dampers, but have not yet done it. Could be "Ink starvation", where the head runs out of ink. Try a pause between each pass.

Case

Looks like a humidity issue possibly.... You should be running at 40-60% humidity.......

If you are[SIZE=-0] getting a light-dark banding, there are few things to try to correct this.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]During winter times, low humidity in the air will cause the ink to dry too quickly[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] a. Lower the heat settings[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] b. Print faster by changing the print speed in the ripping software.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] c. Print bi-directionally instead of unidirectionally.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] d. Lower the number of passes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] e. Increase the humidity in the air.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] f. Print at 16 passes (kind of a catch all the cures most problems)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0]During summer times, high humidity in the air will cause the ink to not dry fast enough.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] a. Raise the heat settings[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] b. Print slower by changing the print speed in the ripping software.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] c. Print uni-directionally instead of bi-idirectionally.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] d. Increase the number of passes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] e. Decrease the humidity in the air.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] f. Print at 16 passes (kind of a catch all the cures most problems)

Case

[/SIZE]

ColesCreations

d. Lower the number of passes.
e. Increase the humidity in the air.
f. Print at 16 passes (kind of a catch all the cures most problems)

Hey, Case- do you have a Mimaki???
Lower the number of passes to 16???

Print bi instead of uni, then you say print uni instead of bi...

I want what he is smokin' :)

primaldog

not a heat problem tried almost every heat combo

BUT if i bring it to rasterkink 3 i dont get it problem
raster link 3 pro prints dark for me dont get y i read the manuuuuuua tried different things if i get it to brint light in looses it colors
can any one point me in the right direction for mimaki jv33 icc for 3m (ij35)crap vinyl for es3 inks and flexisign having hard time get them for es3 inks i think soon i going to have to get a calibrater please and thanks

Rooster

If it's not heat then it's your ink limits. Too much or to little. I've seen banding occur with both.

Stay away from doing your own profiling. It a huge waste of cash, time and materials. Who wants a neutral gray anyhow? ;)

Case

d. Lower the number of passes.
e. Increase the humidity in the air.
f. Print at 16 passes (kind of a catch all the cures most problems)

Hey, Case- do you have a Mimaki???
Lower the number of passes to 16???

Print bi instead of uni, then you say print uni instead of bi...

I want what he is smokin' :)

I didn't say it that way... They are two seperate things to try. Lowering the passes to speed up the print. Or printing 16 pass is raising the passes... Kind of hides everything. But is obviously very slow... And by the way, I only smoke women's crack...... Also, The bi instead of uni and uni instead of bi are for different times of the year. I guess you didn't read that clearly. Give me what you are drinking...

Good luck,

Case

schurms

I have found that not using color correction in RIP will make problems like that go away for me. I use profiles in Photoshop and print files directly from that.