• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to paper with Versacamm..

Ken

I'm anticipating a poster job.
Any thoughts on paper type and settings on the versacamm using MAX inks? I'm told they will be indoor posters.
I do have some matte paper, I think mfg by REGMA?( code 24068 125 GR)
Thanks.
Ken

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have used a poster paper and a photo paper that was made for eco-solvent ink. They both work real well. I got them from SSK (now closed)and I don't remember the details. You should be able to find them in any signs catalog under printer materials. Wish I could be of more help.

cartoad

We do some posters on poster paper and they turn out well, just did some for Veterans day for the store windows. Check with Art Utica, a merchant member here, he has a number of papers that work well with the versa camm. Can't recall the profile, but we hit quickly.

alanzhao

If they are large prints make sure they're dry(lay them flat for 30 min) before you roll them and hand to customers. Make sure don't wrinkle them too much, customers will complaint.

Ken

Thanks for the replies so far.
What heat settings for printing on paper?
Thanks..Ken

Ken

Roland solvent glossy paper - ICC profile anyone?

What heat settings for printing on paper?

I just received some of the Roland glossy paper and it made a world of difference compared to the matte paper I had. MUCH better..about the same nice colors I get when printing to Oracal 3651.
I'm using an Sp300 with Colorip 2.2. The colors are good with the profile for matte paper( on the glossy paper), just seems the ink is a little too thick. I could just turn down the ink limit, but does anyone have a profile for that glossy paper?
Actually, I found one thru printingdigital.net but I can't remember how to install a new profile to colorrip... can anyone jog my memory?..lol
Thanks in advance...
Ken

cdiesel

We're running Versaworks on the XC540, but using the SGP profile works fine. Maybe a *little* thick, but it looks nice.

As far as installing a new profile, I've forgotten already. It's only been 11 months since we got rid of colorip, and already I can't recall!

Ken

Thanks Chris.
Colorip 2.2 does not have an SGP profile included. I'll get this figured out. Thinking the profile has to go into Colorip somewhere so that it shows up in my profile options.
Cheers!
Ken

The Giraffe

Try unzipping (if compressed) and dragging into here. It should show up in your materials drop down.

C:\COLORIP\configurations\RolandSP300

It's good to see someone else still playing with Colorip. I thought I was behind the times.

synergy_jim

www.kapcographics.com

kapco has a solvent glossy and a photobase matte paper. both image very well for a fraction of the roland cost.

woolly

Guys,

Add my name to the Colorip list. Sp-300, still making me money.

Until I find some spare dough to buy the Vp-540.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

still on cr 2.2 here with a sc540ex no complaints.

are you aware that colour rip will not work in vista £700 upgrade ????!!!!
not proved it but was told by reliable supplier, when i mentioned i was building a new computer. so xp pro it was.

woolly