• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with My versacamm and Flexi 7.5

pgettys

ok i am switching over to flexisign pro 7.5 and when i print anything in flexi it dumps entirely too much ink so much that it runs
any ideas have i got to setup something i am not sure about?
with colors and ink limits?

it's killing me and seems that it iwll not print larger than 12 inches also but cuts the size shown

say 27 inches

Thanks for the help
Paul

ChiknNutz

I've heard that is a common problem of the RIP in Flexi, can you turn down the ink limit? I use SoftRip and don't know the settings in Flexi...sorry.

iSign

Where did you hear that chris?

hmmm... I hope it's not going to be a common problem for me next week when I try it out for the first time.

My supplier who sold me my inkjet thought Flexi had a great RIP & they could have told me I should buy one from them instead of saying the one I already own is suffecient, not that they would do that... but if they had "heard that is a common problem of the RIP in Flexi" then I'm sure I would have heard it... & I would think they, as vendors, are in a better position to "hear" more then we as users are apt to hear.

...anyway, the tech who will set up my machine next week is said to be very proficient in Flexi, so if I remember I will ask him about your issue Paul.

Techman

I've heard that is a common problem of the RIP in Flexi,
I wish those who do not have personal experince would not pass on what is heard... Because I've never heard this either. I always hear the flexi RIP was really a good one. And that this RIP is the base code for a load of other RIP's

I never saw it run bad unless it was setup wrong. There are two places to set up sizes. One on the main screen and one in the manager screen. check them both..
Sounds like your printer is running straight from the printer driver.. But you didnt say anough to really have an idea.

I did see the running ink problems. But then only when running a job straight to the printer with out using the right profile and drivers. Make sure you use the proper profile for the material and the right driver for your printer.

I ran my encad straight thru corel and it laid down lots of ink. Later found some RIPS to test and saw the difference. You can test Pjannto RIP for 30 days for free if it will match your printer. Its a good basic RIP. And you could use it to compare settings.
Techman

wolf2x

Here are some things that I do to get good prints:
If you are printing raster (photographs/bmps/tifs) images, make sure the profile matches the media that I am using.
If I am printing vectors, I turn off color correction - 100% the inks under the linearization button - on the color tab, I reduce the "all" slider to -0.20. Doing these settings for my vectors gives me "brighter" colors.

Derf

I second what wolf2x said,

I have (Flexi Pro 7.6 PC) and (Flexi Pro 7.5 MAC) the RIP is great however things like WinXP SP2 can mess you up. as far as you Ink color problem you more that likely are missing a step in you set up Like a profile or media setting. I also find my self reducing all the ink at least 20% on hi res prints.

I also try to only RIP EPS files from Illustrator or Photoshop because of the added color management available.

Mason

OK, export the file(s) out of Flexi as an .eps open it in Versaworks and print/cut from there, if the problem is with Flexi this should solve the issue on this particular job. then you need to investigate a little more into the Flexi issue but the Versacamm software should give you all you need to do the job once it has been created. This how I am doing it with my Versacamm, my version of Flexi dosent support my V-Camm