• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems saving JPEG in Corel

Jessica50111

I got a new computer at work and we installed CorelDRAW 10, which I had used on my old computer with no problems. Now when I save a file as a JPEG and later view it, there is a black box that appears on the file. This happens every time I save a file as a JPEG.

We uninstalled and reinstalled Corel and it is still happening.

Any ideas out there?

Shovelhead

You..."EXPORT"...

a file as a .jpeg. You can't "SAVE AS" a .jpeg.
If youare "EXPORTING"...is "always overprint black" checked?

:Welcome: to the site.

Attachments

• Graphic2.jpg
    Graphic2.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 93

Jessica50111

yes i meant export

Sorry - early morning. I did mean Export, not Save. I don't see where to check the Overprint Black? I don't see the option. Here is an attachment that shows what I mean. I am referring to the black rectangle at the bottom of the yellow/orange sqaure. That is not supposed to be there, and when I am exporting and looking at the preveiw, its not there.

Attachments

• problem test.jpg
    problem test.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 100

Shovelhead

That appears only to be....

an outline around your gradient fill.
Get rid of it at the arrows.

Attachments

• Graphic2.jpg
    Graphic2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 86

dclet

I don't see where to check the Overprint Black

Corel 10 may not have that, anyway... grab what you need and paste it into a new file ---- see if that works, or change the display to outlines, see if it's (the retangle) is still there. Send me "the" or "A" file I will have look. :)

Silly question, do you have something else to make a .jpg....does it happen
there too. I remember vaguely as virus that would corrupt all jpgs......
Probably not the case, but it just popped into my head :)

Did you try exporting as something else - .tif .eps etc.

Jessica50111

more discoveries

Corel 10 may not have that, anyway... grab what you need and paste it into a new file ---- see if that works, or change the display to outlines, see if it's (the retangle) is still there. Send me "the" or "A" file I will have look. :)

Silly question, do you have something else to make a .jpg....does it happen
there too. I remember vaguely as virus that would corrupt all jpgs......
Probably not the case, but it just popped into my head :)

Did you try exporting as something else - .tif .eps etc.

I did find out after some experimenting that if the file has an outline - the black box appears in the JPEG, on the bottom of the object. It doesn't happen unless there is an outline. Its not just one file, its every file that I try to export. In the original Corel file, the box is not there in the outlines or anything. Either I get a black box or in the middle of exporting or the Corel Recovery Manager pops up and the program shuts down. It doesn't happen on when exporting to an EPS but it does happen with TIFs.

Here is another file!

Attachments

• test with outline.jpg
    test with outline.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 74

Jessica50111

and here is another case with an outline box in the middle - the black box still appears in the same spot. it's like it is haunting me :smile: it also appears if I save as a GIF. cutting and pasting doesn't work either.

Attachments

• test 2 with outline.jpg
    test 2 with outline.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 66
  • gif test.gif
    gif test.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 81

dclet

hmmm, that is funky! is that a bug with version 10, x3 doesn't do that....

upgrade?
Try resetting to factory defaults press f8 at start up
Reinstall?

Use contours to get around it for the time being...

Either I get a black box or in the middle of exporting or the Corel Recovery Manager pops up and the program shuts down

System specs?