• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Production manager help

Taekwondo

Jobs will not send to plotter, computer power went out from weather now it can't send jobs, tried reseting everything but still wont send and plotter is not listed anymore anywhere, out of business for a week, any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you, Therese

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sometimes production manager will default to "File:" as it's port instead of the port you normally use to send jobs. Make sure it didn't just default like that by checking the port. If the plotter no longer shows up when you plug in the USB cable, it's possible the electrical outage was more of a power surge and it blew the USB chip on the plotter itself.

Taekwondo

Sometimes production manager will default to "File:" as it's port instead of the port you normally use to send jobs. Make sure it didn't just default like that by checking the port. If the plotter no longer shows up when you plug in the USB cable, it's possible the electrical outage was more of a power surge and it blew the USB chip on the plotter itself.
I do use a serial plug, 9 pin to pc and 25 pin to vinal cutter, how do you check the IP address on the cutter, thank you

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Jobs will not send to plotter, computer power went out from weather now it can't send jobs, tried reseting everything but still wont send and plotter is not listed anymore anywhere, out of business for a week, any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you, Therese
Reinstall plotter.
Open and recreate job.
Then send cut job only.
Happened to me once when deleting old cut files and I hit delete one time too many and deleted my cutter. OOPS!

kycoots

I'm having the same issue. where would I find the USB chip? is that something I can replace my self?

thanks Tony

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm having the same issue. where would I find the USB chip? is that something I can replace my self?

thanks Tony
I'm sure it's possible to change the chip but that's beyond my expertise. I've had luck with local music equipment shops fixing boards in the past so that might be worth the shot. At the end of the day, the manufacturer would tell you to change the main board.

Taekwondo

Reinstall plotter.
Open and recreate job.
Then send cut job only.
Happened to me once when deleting old cut files and I hit delete one time too many and deleted my cutter. OOPS!
Im at a loss, to reinstall cutter, cd is lost ugh, tried to ask tec support from graphtec an they keep telling me to download cut mater 3 when i only use flexi 8, my operating system is windows xp 2002 32 bit. any insight to this, im down from business 2 weeks, thanl you all.

AKwrapguy

I think that your system might just be out of date, and it might be time to upgrade.

That being said, I don't think you need a CD to reinstall the plotter. You should be able to select it from the drop down menu in Flexi.

Also depending on how you have it set up, USB or either net cable, with the power issue you could have fried the USB port.
Try getting an external powered USB expansion box and plug it into a different USB port on your computer, than plug the plotter into the expansion box.

If it's either net, you may just have to go into to the plotter menu and grab the IP address and manually set it up in Flexi.

The USB issue could also be messing with the Flexi dongel, which might be hindering the issues.

FYI if your rocking XP and it's not air gaped, that going to be an issue.

weyandsign

Since you're using a serial connection, and not USB or ethernet, You can try a serial to USB cable (Serial from cutter to USB on PC). OR you could buy a PCI Serial card, if your PC serial port went bad or something. You can also try just a different serial cable, sometimes the cable can go bad.

netsol

Since you're using a serial connection, and not USB or ethernet, You can try a serial to USB cable (Serial from cutter to USB on PC). OR you could buy a PCI Serial card, if your PC serial port went bad or something. You can also try just a different serial cable, sometimes the cable can go bad.
one end of a usb to serial adapter is plug and play.
the other end is a "dumb" device
you have to go into device manager and set the com port to match the settings on your plotter, them make sure the settings in your program also match

rjssigns

Wow, this Flexi program sounds like a major PITA. /s
Actually it's dead simple. When the tech installed my new printer he had it and the plotter working in about ten minutes. I told him it can't be that simple there's supposed to be all kinds of set up, sub net masks, ports, incantations and swearing. He laughed and said nope they're all this easy.

Taekwondo

T
Since you're using a serial connection, and not USB or ethernet, You can try a serial to USB cable (Serial from cutter to USB on PC). OR you could buy a PCI Serial card, if your PC serial port went bad or something. You can also try just9 a different serial cable, sometimes the cable can go bad.
That sounds great but i have a 25 pin serial cable, if i was to use it to connect to a usb slot in back of my pc how will pc recognize the usb if the serial port has 9 pins, so confused, please help

Attachments

• 20220827_124724.jpg
    20220827_124724.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220827_124744.jpg
    20220827_124744.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97