• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Newbie

Ink Newbie
Please help!
So I got the Orajet 3651 glossy and I'm trying to print something with the BN-20, but the print comes up with lines like this(See attached image). I believe the cause for this is the profile settings. I have searched the available profiles of Roland on their website, but the Orajet 3651 profile is not available for the Roland BN-20.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? If this isn't the problem, addressing it would be a big help.

Attachments

• 8fa0947a-cb0e-4bab-b96c-4d3687ca0d7d.jpeg
    8fa0947a-cb0e-4bab-b96c-4d3687ca0d7d.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 460

Joe House

Let's start with the printhead. What does the nozzle test look like?
Roland GCVP profile should give pretty good results on that media.

Good Luck,

dweavers

Did you find a work around for this? It seems to be the downfall of the bn-20 when you want to do serious media specific jobs the profile just doesnt exist, yes Im having the same issue, yet fi i change to a cheap vinyl (fusion bigital base 100, the same job prints perfectly so yes has to be a profile issue, tried the Roland GCVP profile but didnt solve anything

MrDav3C

If it's a profile issue on a media you are planning to use regularly, would it not make sense to get a specific profile made for your printer, ink & media? Our ink supplier / service technician have done this for us on numerous occasions, they use a spectrophotometer to analyse our specific output and then use the data to create our own custom profile and the difference is like night & day, colours are accurate, quality is improved significantly and we use less ink which obviously saves money. Any colour profile you can download from the vinyl manufacturers website will only get you so far, its like baking a cake without all the ingredients!

MrDav3C

Would also check your feed calibration (apparently you are meant to do this whenever you put a new roll of media on the printer and then maybe again when you are about half way through the roll)

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
You can go into the Roland support system and request a profile but more likely than not they'll just tell you to use the generic vinyl one.

dweavers

Found that you need to understand the colour management side of versa works more, the answers are there, just need to do some serious homework with regards to the preset you select, in my case MAX DENSITY JAPAN gave the best colour correctness and no vertical banding