• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project just finished (Boxtruck wrap)

Dennis422

Just finished this project. Design, print (HP L330) and install.
My first full coverage boxtruck. Decided to do horizontal seem to minimize number of seems.
I know I should have done bottom one first not to have seem open on top, but I used edge seal tape (half width) to close the seam for water not to get under the vinyl.
Like the look, customer is very happy with it and how it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 100

asd

one little thing do, you are supposed to do the lower panel first then the top panel, so water doesn't accumulate on the seam other than that it looks great

TXFB.INS

one little thing do, you are supposed to do the lower panel first then the top panel, so water doesn't accumulate on the seam other than that it looks great

Looks good, I agree that the overlap needs to be facing down.

the OP addresses this fact in their post and what they did to fix it.

I wish our shop was that roomy and clean,
good job on the truck and shop area

FatCat

Looks good.

Horizontal seam not a real big deal when there aren't rivets to deal with.
If that truck had rivets you would find out quickly that would be a bad idea, lol.

Dennis422

Thanks guys.
Yes on the seam, realized that it needs to face down. I think use of the edge seal tape will take care of the issue.
For some reason it just seamed to me easier to install the top first and use the edge seal tape to cover the seam.

Dennis422

the OP addresses this fact in their post and what they did to fix it.

I wish our shop was that roomy and clean,
good job on the truck and shop area

Thanks, I wish my shop is that roomy and clean :)
My customer actually rented the shop for one afternoon. It is a truck detailing shop. (they are in London, Canada and me in the US)
I am a home based, I just cleaned my garage and re-did the floors with epoxy paint so I could install smaller vans and cars in house. Bigger ones are done in customer shops (or at one of my friend's shop, he has a truck repair shop).
Have two small vans lined up in next two weeks that I can do in my shop, and hoping to get some time to actually wrap my Ford Flex in the next few weeks. Bought it last year in August and still did not have a chance to work on it.

Dennis422

Reminds me of OCP logo

WOW, just searched for it. Pretty much the same idea.
Someone also told me it reminds them on Cubs logo. Which it does a bit, but not really my intention, not a baseball fan nor did I take that logo as an inspiration.
With so many logos around, there must be something similar :)