• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pub Sign

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I started out hating the color scheme and design, but it grew on me. customer gave me the pub name and two colors. the black post was existing.

3/4" MDO with 1/4" value bond glued to the face of the plywood and the ovals cut out of value bond and glued/screwed.

john.jpg

john1.jpg

skyhigh

I like the colors also. And the fonts.
Nice job.

Value Bond? Is that like dibond? And is that layered....mdo - VB - mdo -VB?

Ken

I'm thinkin if the Johnny Yanni text was the same purple color fill..it would be better...nice job!
Ken

skyhigh

I would disagree Ken.... I like it just the way it is.

anyways,,,,,,
In a couple years it will be a bloddy dark pinkish color

Ken

Yeah..from ten feet away..it's OK...from across the street?
That's what I mean ...Signs That Work !
ken

neato

I disagree too. I think it looks great as is. Nice job!

PUB & GRUB is the important part of that sign. It is what stands out.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Value Bond? Is that like dibond? And is that layered....mdo - VB - mdo -VB?

yea, value bond is pretty much identical to dibond, but much cheaper, $50 for 1/8" 4x8 and $90 for a 1/4" 4x8.

1/4" valubond sandwiching the MDO, the ovals are double thickness, all cut at once so they match. first oval was screwed onto the sign, second one was banner-taped and PE glued. this gave the oval some thickness and nice way to hine the screws.

as far as visibility, this pub is on a small side street, the sign is an after thought, this is a true pub, anyone going here already knows the place...

J

john1

Looks great, I love the colors and overal layout.

Is the sign painted or digitally printed?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
burgundy is paint, the oval has oracal 751 black, then a printed 3M, i can remember the series for the green oval.

the black outline/drop shadow on the pub/grub is 751, the green/white is printed. then the ampersand is 751 over the top