• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pump noise?

veloxgraphics

I have never worked with any other Roland than my own... and the tech didnt seem to mind the sound, so maybe it's normal.

Does your pump click super loud when it's running? Mine on my sp300v has already been changed for the newer style, but it's insanely loud.

southpawP8NTR

Replaced mine about 3 months ago. Mine is quiet now, before it had a loud whining sound. But the ink leaking out of it was the problem.

Sign Works

Ya my new pump (newer model) is a bit noisier than the old one, the tech mentioned that some of them are extremely loud.

sfr table hockey

I also changed my pump over when I did the ink change from waterbased to solvent and the new pump makes a lot more clicking noise. I plan to just open up the old pump and change the tubing to solvent resistant and use the old pump as a back up.

Mosh

We have 4 rolands, each makes it's own sounds (two are even the same model). As long as they are printing OK don't worry about it.

mark in tx

Yep, each Roland has a personality.
My two XC-540s both sound different and have different tweaks and profiles to make them print the same.