• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Punched vinyl issues

Increased sloppy punching lately

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Anyone else getting more and more rolls that were sloppy punched ?
AAB30B61-B951-4503-9766-4BD227D9C235.jpeg
D6FAA29F-B902-44A9-B0F4-18A219B8630F.jpeg
D6FAA29F-B902-44A9-B0F4-18A219B8630F.jpeg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's been since the beginning. All the brands do it to some degree. It shouldn't interfere with your tracking.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why are you printing on such low end vinyl ?? That's sh!t quality, even for an edge.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Oh yeah, it seems that I see it more and more lately, but we also use a lot more vinyl than we used to. Even 3M has issues with partially punched holes sometimes, we never use Oracal here. I'd assume that the blades(?) on the punches wear out eventually and need sharpened or replaced and that is when we see this. We've been trying to find a punching machine for sale so we could convert our own vinyl, but haven't found one yet.

About once or twice a year we will get a bad batch that is punched incorrectly (not even sure how that happens) and it'll not run right on the sprockets and jump off every time. Thankfully Grimco takes care of these issues quickly for us.

CanuckSigns

I noticed the last 10 - 15 feet of Oracal punched rolls the holes don't line up with the sprockets, to the point where I just account for it and throw the rolls out when they get close to the end