• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Qty-8 1ft x 8ft 3mil Dibond Signs....What would you charge?

CentralSigns

Great, a way to get rid of all the 10 ft by 1 ft scraps. Wish they made a 4 ft by 10 ft sheet of panel. I would charge $800 total, and be happy to sell all my scraps.

Edserv

Have you researched what other sign companies are charging?
I guess, (even though I might meet with disagreement on this site,) what your other sign companies charge for this same service may be of interest to you.
If sign company "X" would charge $1000, and sign company "Y" charges "$650", then you may have a shot at getting the job at between $1 and $1001. So my advice would be to seek the market rates, know your company's p&l and b/e, and bid accordingly. We've taken jobs that were "off the tops" profitability wise," and also have taken jobs to keep our employees employed. It comes down to the numbers. But unless you know what your market is charging, than anything else is simply a guess.

iSign

...I might meet with disagreement on this site
yeah, when you're wrong, people here usually let you know...

It comes down to the numbers. But unless you know what your market is charging, than anything else is simply a guess.

numbers? damn straight... competitors rates? Absolutely NOT the most important numbers by any means, and quite near irrelevant..

The numbers that matter are the ones that keep YOU in business & happy to be in business.. not everyone can make it in this business, or in their market, or with their current business model... you may learn this the hard way, AND the competitors you take a reading off may be learning this the hard way right now, killing themselves with numbers some would tell you to study...

...working to "keep the employees busy" can be the death of you, & I know this all too well to be fact. If you take your eye off the REAL numbers that should matter to you, you can drive yourself deep in a hole in a short time. Sometimes you need to let employees go, and pricing low to give them hours might be good for them, but might lead to them being out of a job anyway, along with yourself...

Techman

I guess, (even though I might meet with disagreement on this site,) what your other sign companies charge for this same service may be of interest to you.

Nope, NADA, And to worry about what the other guy charges is a sure indication of acting like a commodity instead of a custom made one of a kind product. Who cares what the other guys charge?

I could not care less what the others are charging. And next, I have no competition. I have a unique product in that only I make it. It doesn't matter if its just a no parking sign.

The only time one would be concerned about what the other guy is charging is if you find out he charges more than you. That mean you should raise the price to above what he gets.