• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for Artbot

ruckusman

Some time ago I saw a thread in which you had pics of some small Y tube adaptors so that you could easily switch inks with the connection of the alternate lines close to the dampers.

Tried to find the thread earlier today, but failed.

Can you point me to the thread and give any info on where you got the Y adaptors - they looked to be like something that you'd see in a hospital for IV lines or something of that nature

peace out

Glenn

ruckusman

Vinylman - Champion! - thank you, I was working my way backwards through his posts, but didn't get that far back

artbot

i liked the valves above the dampers. but in the end i didn't really get what i was going for with the printer. i really needed much more flexibility for what i do with the printer. i attached the most recent mod that i did to the printer. i really like it. i can do a "custody wash" of the heads in just about five minutes. since i rarely run color, i've just got filtered cleaning solution lines to the colored heads with check valves and in line filters.

my cmyk all come from the left side four carts. i built some custom f-style manifolds to split the single line color to the two head adapter nipples. leaving the right side four carts for different blends of clear varnish inks. as far as white and silver... that will be handled at the black head still but using an rc gas tank for a cartridge that will ride the carriage itself. there's really no need to fill an entire line with silver or what ever when i just need it for a small portion of a piece then back to black or clear. the left over "arm" at the left of the bulk head will hold that mini cart'.

Attachments

• IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4654.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 73