• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for users of Grimco's KEY banner material...

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
i switched to ultraflexx. i noticed the key had changed. i felt cheated because i had to find out AFTER i bought it. nice notification, G.

FatCat

Why not just order Ultraflexx?

At this point, I likely will. Grimco was giving me a pretty good deal on their KEY material and for a time I was satisfied with the quality. Also, forgot to mention that Grimco would cut banner down free of charge for my 48" Mutoh 1204. Ultraflexx didn't offer a 48-50" solution. Now that I aslo have a 64" printer it's not such a big deal.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We use some Pitmann Duratex banner vinyl here with good results. The matte is Dead Flat and glossy is nice. Price point isnt bad either....might be worth a looksee for ya.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What do you guys pay for your ultraflexx? Im working a huge deal right now with that brand but would like to see if I can offer Signs 101 some kind of discounted price to grab some market share on it. You can PM if you dont want to show everyone.

CS-SignSupply-TT

13oz. Scrim Banner from CiberSupply (Gloss or Matte)

OK, ONE MORE UPDATE...

Talked again with my rep who was originally going to replace these with the "right" material. Unfortunately they're giving me a credit now because all of the new stock he was told was "in spec" from the manufacturer. Grrr, looks like now I get to search out a new supply of banner materials cause this isn't going to fly with me. So just a note to everyone else that uses KEY from Grimco, you're basically going to be getting the equivalent of 10-11 oz banner and still pay for 13oz.

Anyone have suggestions on a good quality 13oz scrim similar to Ultraflex or what KEY used to be? *Obviously shipping is a concern if coming from out of state....

Sean, CiberSupply would be happy to help you or anyone else out. Let me check out the availability of samples and get back to you.

dypinc

i switched to ultraflexx. i noticed the key had changed. i felt cheated because i had to find out AFTER i bought it. nice notification, G.

UltraFlex suffers from the same problem. Received a sample roll of Pole Banner Pro a while back. Profiled and printed great. Had a job to do so ordered a roll of Pole Banner Pro and tried to print on it yesterday. But it was not that same produce as the sample. I was so poor in taking an ink load you could not even print proper linearization targets.

Atg

Long time user of KEY banner from Grimco - 13oz gloss primarily. Just got a new box of 54", noticed it no longer comes in the round cardboard tube, but a box with plastic cores, much like vinyl. Also noticed it feels flimsier and thinner than the previous version.

FWIW - I ran a 4x10 banner this morning on the old stuff, then another 4x10 on the new stuff and it feels much different.

Anyone else noticed this? :help
Funny you mention that....Grimco just took over Proveer in South Florida and I just opened the container and for the first time, I didn't need tools to do it...it was just in a tube...and yes, I thought the same thing when I put it on the printer, it seemed not as nice as the last roll I ordered