• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question on speed of a prismjet

PROBIRD

Finally got my driver situation fixed and up and printing, but.

I am printing 122x60 banners and it takes 4 HOURS on unidirectional and 3 1/2 hours on bi directional. When i specify in the software to use user settings and bidirectional the printer automatically changes the quality on the printer panel to the diamond, which i am guessing is 1440dpi, how can i make the machine use 720dpi in bi directional?

And is ther a way to make this thing print any faster without losing quality that is not desirable?

And would this make me use more ink, being on 1440?

Thanks for any suggestions.

randya

You can set up your User settings to match your RIP.
Menu - Setup/Media Type/PrintMode.

This is an OEM printer, but I do believe that it prints 720 bi d in Graphics 2 mode, but not in Banner 4 mode.

As it take the same amount of ink in 720 mode as in 1440 mode to get the same density, good profiles should use approx the same amount of ink in both modes.

Finally got my driver situation fixed and up and printing, but.

I am printing 122x60 banners and it takes 4 HOURS on unidirectional and 3 1/2 hours on bi directional. When i specify in the software to use user settings and bidirectional the printer automatically changes the quality on the printer panel to the diamond, which i am guessing is 1440dpi, how can i make the machine use 720dpi in bi directional?

And is ther a way to make this thing print any faster without losing quality that is not desirable?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Based on these throughput values, I am guessing that the user is referencing the original Falcon Outdoor-based PrismJet. Do a Google image search on 'Falcon Outdoor' to see if it looks like your printer. There is not a great deal that can be done to speed it up w/o sacrificing image quality if it is a Falcon (my opinion only). Would love to find out that I am wrong though...

PROBIRD

It is in fact the older falcon outdoor 62, but will it not print in 720 in bi directional?
Printed another 122x60 today, 4 hours is terrible......LOL

Any other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

also came back from vacation for 2 weeks, had my delivery guys run the head cleaner 4 times over the 2 weeks and tried to print a banner and no black or blue, did a head soak twice for 30 minutes each and it started printing, vinyl cutters are too easy to maintain compared to a printer.