• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quick Size Question

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I try to stay away from any quick size. Regular or slo size in my opinion is better for various reasons. When it comes to gilding, nothing needs to be done in less than 3 or 4 hours.

RiXaX

Personally, I try to stay away from any quick size. Regular or slo size in my opinion is better for various reasons. When it comes to gilding, nothing needs to be done in less than 3 or 4 hours.
Gino, I don't agree with you. I frequently have outdoor gilding projects and the weather would prohibit a slower gilding time frame.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It is just my way of doing it about 90% of the time. I have probably 3 or 4 cans of regular size and one small can of quick size. If you like it, which one do you currently use ?? Why change if you like the way something behaves. I've used 1shot both ways and it's alright, but our shelves are now Hastings and Rolco.

Billct2

I used the Dux Quick on a rush job, it worked well. Don't use quick size often enough to compare,and I;'ve used most out there, so many variables anyhow.

RiXaX

I've enjoyed the Rolco and Hastings for many years, and have not found suppliers that I deal with that carry either of these. For many years the size from France was the hit. Currently the sign suppliers have the Dux or 1Shot. I don't know if the Dux is made for Sepp Leaf or not, but they usually only handle dependable quality products.