• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quickbooks 2022?

tulsagraphics

Oh i've seen that app! it's quite neat.

Only thing with choosing an accounting platform is if it works with your industry, your workflow and other software and yes, your accountant.
I use Gravity Forms on my website for customer registrations. This automatically transfers their contact info into Zoho CRM and Zoho Books, so I don't have to input anything manually. (this can be achieved with Gravity Forms addons or Zapier). I receive an email notification, an encrypted PDF of their submission, and even an autoresponder sent to the client to let them know their application is processing (I tailored it, so that it waits 5 to 10 minutes to send the responder, so it reads/appears like a human written email). I do the same thing for job inquiries where customers ask about a specific product and they receive an autoresponder with some of the details needed for a proper quote, including a link to an upload form that automatically uploads their files to my Dropbox account -- and, of course, that Dropbox folder syncs up with my RIP software so I can pull in / review artwork without having to download / transfer files / import manually. Really slick!

Last edited:

tulsagraphics

I use Gravity Forms on my website for customer registrations. This automatically transfers their contact info into Zoho CRM and Zoho Books, so I don't have to input anything manually. (this can be achieved with Gravity Forms addons or Zapier). I receive an email notification, an encrypted PDF of their submission, and even an autoresponder sent to the client to let them know their application is processing (I tailored it, so that it waits 5 to 10 minutes to send the responder, so it reads/appears like a human written email). I do the same thing for job inquiries where customers ask about a specific product and they receive an autoresponder with some of the details needed for a proper quote, including a link to an upload form that automatically uploads their files to my Dropbox account. Really slick!
Heck, I even wrote an app in my VOIP phone software, combined with a custom Zoho app I wrote, so that customers can simply send a text message of their invoice number to my company phone, and they automatically receive a reply with their current balance and a link to pay it. The payment is automatically applied to the invoice and a receipt is emailed to them. All kinds of fun stuff you can implement these days, and TBH, it's not that hard to do with so many APIs available.

netsol

you can still purchase quick books desktop NON SUBSCRIPTION
we are updating one oft he charities i support, right now
I was told they are ending sakes of this product december 10. Not sure how that works
The problem is, if you have multiple companies, you are paying 2, 3,or more X , for all practical

My wife said that QB will only be online or subscription based starting in 2022. Has anyone else heard that or any significant changes that might come with it? The last thing I feel like doing is re-acquainting myself with that mess.
we are in the process of converting one of the charities we provide support for to the "latest" quickbooks premier NON SUBSCRIPTION
we were doing a webinar and the presenter said they are pulling the non subscription product from sales on dec 10. after that you will be forced to use online, or maintain an on premises server but pay the subscription fee anyway

not sure how they would do that, (pulling product that is already in the hands of resellers/distributors) but we purchased just to be sure

any of you who operate multiple companies know that the issue is the high fees X THE NUMBER OF COMPANIES YOU BILL UNDER

i have my sign business and my computer consulting business and balk at the double fees. we have many clients who operate and bill under multiple names/corporations

our well timed upgrade will guarantee my client a few years without the extra charges. (not very many, since most of the value added services will only work with a 1 or 2 year old product & then get end of lifed

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
you can still purchase quick books desktop NON SUBSCRIPTION
we are updating one oft he charities i support, right now
I was told they are ending sakes of this product december 10. Not sure how that works
The problem is, if you have multiple companies, you are paying 2, 3,or more X , for all practical

we are in the process of converting one of the charities we provide support for to the "latest" quickbooks premier NON SUBSCRIPTION
we were doing a webinar and the presenter said they are pulling the non subscription product from sales on dec 10. after that you will be forced to use online, or maintain an on premises server but pay the subscription fee anyway

not sure how they would do that, (pulling product that is already in the hands of resellers/distributors) but we purchased just to be sure

any of you who operate multiple companies know that the issue is the high fees X THE NUMBER OF COMPANIES YOU BILL UNDER

i have my sign business and my computer consulting business and balk at the double fees. we have many clients who operate and bill under multiple names/corporations

our well timed upgrade will guarantee my client a few years without the extra charges. (not very many, since most of the value added services will only work with a 1 or 2 year old product & then get end of lifed
So where can you get the non subscription version? I told my wife the Dec 10th thing but she said she can't where to download it.

netsol

trustedtechteam.com quickbooks pro or premier 2021 (not 2022) we bought 3 user, you probably only need 1

you should be good for 2-3 years, services such as balancing accounts and merchant services only work for 1-3 years, then they sunset

has to have NON SUBSCRIPTION in the name (this didn't exist previously and does not exist in 2022 versions

we have never bought from trusted tech team before. not a recommendation but they seem like a fine company

Notarealsignguy

trustedtechteam.com quickbooks pro or premier 2021 (not 2022) we bought 3 user, you probably only need 1

you should be good for 2-3 years, services such as balancing accounts and merchant services only work for 1-3 years, then they sunset

has to have NON SUBSCRIPTION in the name (this didn't exist previously and does not exist in 2022 versions

we have never bought from trusted tech team before. not a recommendation but they seem like a fine company
Holy crap they're proud of this, $550 for 1 user, didn't it used to be about half that? Thanks for the info.

netsol

Yes, but in theory, if you use 3rd party credit card processing, you can keep using their software for years.
We are upgrading my client from quickbooks 2010 to 2021. (An ordeal in itself, you can't go forward more than 3,years , so, we need to install & convert to 2013, then 2016, 2019 & finally 2021

So, although we are paying $1584 for a 3 user pack, there will still be a savings in fees

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I agree the 3rd party integrations are pretty nice, we use an app called dext that handles our accounts payable, we either take a photo on our phones of a reciept, or if a supplier emails invoices we can just forward them to a specific email address and dext automatically scans them and extracts all the info from it, then enters it in quickbooks for us, when it's time to cut cheques they are all sitting in my bills to pay section in quickbooks.

That looks pretty slick! I think my buddy uses this app for his business and he loves it. For QBO, are you on the Plus plan? I'm assuming we would need to get that so that we can cut PO's.

The email glitch sounds like PITA but hopefully there is a fix. Looks like we'll have to move over to QBO after fighting it for years lol.

Notarealsignguy

Yes, but in theory, if you use 3rd party credit card processing, you can keep using their software for years.
We are upgrading my client from quickbooks 2010 to 2021. (An ordeal in itself, you can't go forward more than 3,years , so, we need to install & convert to 2013, then 2016, 2019 & finally 2021

So, although we are paying $1584 for a 3 user pack, there will still be a savings in fees
I don't get real involved in it but I thought that it cuts off something like your bank feeds after so many years ("no longer supported" version) which renders the program useless for us. I think that we have had to upgrade multiple times. We don't take credit cards so that wasn't the reason

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I had QB but lost all my records twice. over the years. Now I use WAVE. Wave is hard to use for printing packing slips for drop shipping but other than that, I haven't found any problems with it. The cost is low.