• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Quickbooks Premier 2020, Price?

2B

Has anyone seen a special or sale price for the desktop version of Quickbooks Premier 2020?

COVID-19 has really jacked up the sales and coupons normally seen this time of year for QB

Thank you

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Has anyone seen a special or sale price for the desktop version of Quickbooks Premier 2020?

COVID-19 has really jacked up the sales and coupons normally seen this time of year for QB

Thank you
No, intuit is not a generous company.

WildWestDesigns

Best thing that I would suggest is to actually contact them.

When Adobe first announced their discount during this time it was for Students/Teachers(well educational facilities that used it) only. I think they have since amended that.

Just me speculating though, I haven't used QB in a very, very long time.

bannertime

We recently switched to Zoho Books. We've been quite happy with it. Online payments with various merchants (we use Authorize.net) and client portals built in.

Evan Gillette

Often times the best deal for QB is at the bulk stores (sams club, Costco) and the savings will usually be a little more than the cost of membership and there is usually a few options including payroll package. Our cpa shared this little nugget with us a few versions ago.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A little side note. I just called them and was able to lower my processing rate from their published rate online. It was a small discount but worth the 10 minute call.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Keep in mind that each individual user will require a seperate license. That information is buried in the website. If you look closely, you will see a little "9" subscript next to the "multiple users" line. It would be easy to assume that the desktop premiere version comes with 5 user licenses right out of the box!

"9. Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year."

mameighan

I still use quickbooks but I really need to change. A few years ago they dropped me from their merchant processing because "I sold weapons". I run a martial arts supply company as well as a print business. I sell martial arts staffs, training swords, foam nunchaku and the likes.

There was no talking to them. I am still pissed about it. It was after a mass shooting and I think they over reacted. If I didn't have it all tied up in quickbooks I would have found an alternative especially as it is now $700 a year or around that and I have to use a different card processor.

bannertime

I still use quickbooks but I really need to change. A few years ago they dropped me from their merchant processing because "I sold weapons". I run a martial arts supply company as well as a print business. I sell martial arts staffs, training swords, foam nunchaku and the likes.

There was no talking to them. I am still pissed about it. It was after a mass shooting and I think they over reacted. If I didn't have it all tied up in quickbooks I would have found an alternative especially as it is now $700 a year or around that and I have to use a different card processor.

I mentioned it before, but we were also ready to ditch QB. QBO was a glitchy mess. Not to mention the merchant services which is overpriced, an no option to use your own. So we tested a handful and landed on Zoho Books. It has 10x the functionality of QBO and even more features than the desktop software. It comes with like 20 users for around the same price as QBO base setup. Zoho also allows a variety of merchant services for online payment. It has a customer facing portal. It has actual estimate approvals. It supports SMS notifications. It has better looking invoices. You can use your own EMAIL addresses unlike QBO. Even the accounting functions seem to work better. You can discount by line item. Tax reports are nicer. I personally feel like chart of accounts is easier. I could keep going.

I've only got one complaint; and it's that you can't rearrange the side panel so that customers or invoices is first instead of inventory. I would be nice if it had a POS tool but I think that's in the works. It can also integrate into all the other Zoho tools like Projects for job tracking and such.

Life has been much easier since we ditched QB.

karst41

Thank you

Typically these upgrades and price discounts show up Oct - Dec. Two years ago the MAC version upgrade
required a more recent OS, and my iMac would not upgrade due to age. $980 for a new iMac and $300 for new version of QB's,, I said No Way and then this voice shouted in my head,,, Are you F n kidding me. This is how you get your money. Man I burned rubber getting to micro center and soon as I got back I set up the computer and then bought the latest version. Set up your Credit Cards with Intuit,, That alone will pay for the software many times over. Cheers

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For our office, we just upgraded on Friday, to 2020 premier plus pro with payroll and all the other goodies........ $158.90 w/tax. Good for another 3 years. In the shop, I'm still on 2011 premier and it works great, except I hafta create a PDF in a different manner, but that's due to windows 10 issues.

netsol

Keep in mind that each individual user will require a seperate license. That information is buried in the website. If you look closely, you will see a little "9" subscript next to the "multiple users" line. It would be easy to assume that the desktop premiere version comes with 5 user licenses right out of the box!

"9. Each unique user requires a license. Each license sold separately. All copies of QuickBooks must be the same version-year."

kcollins,

the seperate license is for concurrency, everone doesn't need to be logged in, ALL THE TIME

NOT A LICENSE VIOLATION IF I HAVE TO LOG OUT, BEFORE YOU LOG IN

very few people work all day in quickbooks, except accountants

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
kcollins,

the seperate license is for concurrency, everone doesn't need to be logged in, ALL THE TIME

NOT A LICENSE VIOLATION IF I HAVE TO LOG OUT, BEFORE YOU LOG IN

very few people work all day in quickbooks, except accountants
Maybe not but if you let anyone in your quickbooks they need their own login for your own security. Thats the only way to know and prove who does what plus you should be setting up permissions depending on who is allowed to do what. Embezzlement is a very common problem.