• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttt

laserman70

I am so P**********SSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD
Buy a new cutter to upgrade our shop....$10,000.00
says on website, works with reflective...
Doesnt!!!!!!!!
call company they send yellow strips to put on the opos...
doesnt work.................
talk to tech.... he says well let me see what i can do..
Ill get back to you.....
meanwhile i have 3 jobs sitting waiting....
I am so furious right now....

Flame

Explain more...why won't it cut reflective? Because of the OPOS or because it doesn't have the downforce? If it's the OPOS I hope you know that there is no OPOS known to man that can accurately read crop marks every time on reflective.... This has been discussed many times, and sometimes people get lucky and get it to work for a little while, but never with any remote consistency. Use a bomb sight or another manual registration process and you're good to go.

J Hill Designs

i think the main issue is contrast btw the off-white of the refl to the black...so cut out some white that has .125 square take out, and overlay that so the black from the printed reg mark shows through

Bly

We do opos cuts on lammed reflective with our D160R all the time easily.

I know that doesn't help you.

Try a media calibration?

laserman70

black squares did not work..
we cut white squares and put them over the marks.
that worked..

thanks all for the help.. It is greatly appreciated..
sorry for whining like a little b***h
just frustrated ugh :covereyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How much are ya gonna charge your tech support for the CORRECT answer ?? what a bunch of wienies they are.

jayhawksigns

Like it was mentioned, have you done a calibration for the media??

You need to setup a profile specifically for reflective on the plotter and then profile OPOS for it, makes a big difference.

Reflective & brushed chrome both have their own "profile" on my plotter for this very reason. Settings for both are very different then printed white vinyl.

ProColorGraphics

I must be a lucky one as I haven't had any problems cutting reflective on my S140T. I don't do anything any different than cutting any other job.

MikeD

you may have better luck if you calibrate opos on black vinyl, and then do a media calibration. The sensor should be calibrated when switching medias.

ProColorGraphics

And yet, that wasn't the issue. It was the OPOS not reading the registration marks...

Mine has read the marks on reflective every time. The only stuff I couldn't get it to read was some gold chrome I was playing around with. But, I have to admit, I didn't play with any settings either, I just hit cut and when it didn't work, I moved on as it wasn't too important at the time. Just a test.

The only thing I do randomly is put in some black vinyl and calibrate the OPOS. I don't think I have done any other calibrations.

Ken Sankey

It sounds like you have come to a solution with your dilemma, here is what we do to cut reflective that has been printed using the crop marks on our Mimaki CG 160. Create the crop mark in your program of choice center inside of a 4" square. Cut the square & crop mark out of white vinyl, weed out crop mark apply square over your printed crop mark. Then, tape the distances between your 4 corners while this sounds like a lot to do it works on all reflective with the exception of black for obvious reasons. Gold & R. Red don't seem to need this method but all other colors do. It can also be used to print/cut Signgold if one needs to we've done it tried & true. Best of luck to you hope this helps.