• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car and RC Car

cptcorn

adad
Local driver here. Tear it apart guys/gals... Some clipping in areas, I only had measurements for the old body, so when the new body was made a few things were changed and didn't line up perfectly...

Alex

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Estey001.jpg
    Estey001.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Estey002.jpg
    Estey002.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0089_small.jpg
    IMAG0089_small.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 118

skyhigh

Driver & photographer? Dude, you are GOOD!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO:

your first post, I assumed you were THAT driver.

cptcorn

adad
Haha, nope not the driver, he's a customer of ours, and the RC car is for one of his sponsors, who's a customer of ours.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
How do you do it? I know these are polycarbonate and when I raced rc cars I did it the old fashioned way.... Polycarbonate paint inside the shell. I was limited to simple airbrushing and masking tape. We are talking pre digital here

I still have my Associated RC10 from the mid 80's. Started out with a Tamiya Frogger. I worked at a hobby shop so I was able to "soup it up" with all of the hop up parts. That's what they called it back then

cptcorn

adad
How do you do it? I know these are polycarbonate and when I raced rc cars I did it the old fashioned way.... Polycarbonate paint inside the shell. I was limited to simple airbrushing and masking tape. We are talking pre digital here

I still have my Associated RC10 from the mid 80's. Started out with a Tamiya Frogger. I worked at a hobby shop so I was able to "soup it up" with all of the hop up parts. That's what they called it back then

I could not see seams and those seem like such sharp corners to follow
I still sprayed a base color on the inside. It'd really look not so well if it was completely wrapped. There would be obvious gaps. This red body in my opinion is only 'OK'. Red is hard color to match, side panel, sail panel, roof, nose, all separate pieces
i fancy myself an amateur photog as well...even did our local track for a couple seasons.

thats some nice work...BOTH.

i wouldnt sell our nikons/lenses for nuttin'.
Thanks, team Canon over here, you should sell that Nikon junk ;)

Here is a black one that turned out a lot better. Black is a bit easier to match.

attachment.php

Attachments

• uvNTI.jpg
    uvNTI.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 109

Brandon708

Our shop used to be right next to a Hobby shop and people with their RC cars would come in and as for decals for their rc cars, I used to hate that.
There is no money in doing rc cars that's for sure. At least the customer wont want to pay for it.