• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race Car, my first wrap with my own machine!

Knep

First wrap with my own machine! Color matching the orange for the nose, and the alreay purple roof and spoiler sides was tricky because I had not seen the car in person, and it was 5 hours away! The only problem area was on the bottom of the drivers door at the rear tire, he didnt measure it right and we ended up a bit short...but he was fine with that, said its just a race car, but I did make a patch panel to cover it up and shipped to him.

Attachments

• mack1.jpg
    mack1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 231
  • Mack2.jpg
    Mack2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 152
  • mack3.jpg
    mack3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 175
  • mack4.jpg
    mack4.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 168
W

wetgravy

Looks good, congrats on the first wrap from your machine.

petepaz

looks good
and don't worry about that short spot you will be making patches and replacement decals
for the remainder of the time they race

i think it was a sprint car i did (not sure if that's what it was, it had the big fin on top)
but they didn't even get to race the driver wrecked during the hot laps(i think that's what it's called) so i got to do that job over again and some other repairs

Knep

Thanks for the kind works peeps! Yep Klem it was the for the World 100, I wrapped the car down in the pits Thursday evening...did u go to the race? Ive missed one since my first one in 87, that was in 07 when my Uncle Passed away. I miss us having super late models! Petepaz, yes thats a Sprint Car your talking about! Gnatt66, I used 3m IJ180C-10 pretty sold on that stuff! Most of my buddies that do race cars use Oracal 3640...ive not tried it yet, but thought about it for race cars, since the majority of the ones I do are slap sided....any thoughts?

gnatt66

Knep..if its new super clean aluminum i use 3621

ive learned if the surface isnt perfectly clean it'll lift in some areas.

i just re-did half our car in 3165ra/210..that worked great on some "less than straight" areas, and it's what i use on lots of my digital print stuff...so i'll probably use that on the whole car next time.

looks good

looks good. matching purple green and red race car alum was tough for me. I have been at the world every year since I was like 10. best race ever and parties too. I've even destroyed a late model there before. haha

Knep

Hey Innovative Graphics, whats your real name? My brother has raced at Eldora and surrounding tracks in Super Late Models, and Mods...for ohh the last 12 or so years! We have destroyed 2 brand new Shaw Modifieds at Eldora this year! Flipped one of our late models there...love that place but not been super kind to us!

Mike Knepley

GP

Very nice - I have really become hesitant to click on race car links b/c much of it does not suit my tastes and/or looks, well, like crap.

But this looks sharp. I can read it and the colors are great.

The Hutch's logo could be tightened up a bit. Maybe change text color vs. all the outlines would have made it a little more legible. But I have a feeling you had little choice in the matter.

I have a funny feeling there are going to be a lot of people looking for freebies when this thing rolls out!

GP

knep

Knep,
My name is justin chance. I only run Hilltop, Attica, and Wayne co. now. I used to try to do the eldora thing for the big races, but can't hang with those guys. haha. I think Ive heard of knepley before. yeah eldora is fun and haaaard on equipment. sounds like the big "E" has been hard on you guys too. Here is my car this year. I was second in points till the motor broke in june.

Attachments

• DSC_0187.jpg
    DSC_0187.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 112