• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RANT: Roland's 'white' printing is a terrible JOKE

tedbragg

We spent thousands on this thing and white won't print better than a milk stain. Now we're stuck weeding this nightmare out of white cast...

Geez, why do they make these things so freakin impossible to use without spending MONTHS on the phone deciphering their gibbering Pakistani support?
Just venting ya'll, dont hate anybody or nothin'...just can't get my work done and it bothers me like NOTHING else

netsol

We spent thousands on this thing and white won't print better than a milk stain. Now we're stuck weeding this nightmare out of white cast...

Geez, why do they make these things so freakin impossible to use without spending MONTHS on the phone deciphering their gibbering Pakistani support?
Just venting ya'll, dont hate anybody or nothin'...just can't get my work done and it bothers me like NOTHING else
I alway wish we had a printer that prints white, but I guess I don't...

I know the older machine are a horror

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Our Roland XR-640 can do white, but we haver never bothered to try it. We would have to dedicate that slot, and there is no going back. Then we got an HP flatbed, with white capabilities - but it took hours to change it, we figured we would just have a "white day" but due to the upcharge for white ink, we didn't have many takers. Then we got the Epson S806000... much faster to do the change over, but still not many takers. NOW... we have an Agfa Annapurna, and it's always got white ink, I can print white on the fly whenever I need it. The moral of my story... unless you have a large need for white ink, and the right printer for it - it's a pita to offer it, or at least do it in-house. It's an outsource thing... until you get the right equipment, then the others outsource to you ;)

I never saw a solvent or latex printer print a good white. UV is the solution.
While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would encourage you to compare white ink from eco-solvent, UV, and HP Latex roll-feed printers for yourself.

Please message me if you would like a free white ink print sample on clear film from the Latex 700/ 800 W. Five white print modes are available - Spot, Underflood, Overflood, 3-layer day/night (Color White Color), or 5-layer opaque (Color White Black White Color).

Last edited:

Ultraman

Ultraman

T

ikarasu

Our latex prints a white just as opaque and white as our screenprinter can.

Our flatbed uv white sucks, we disabled it once we got our 700w because it's a night and day comparison.

No experience with solvent white... But latex is as good as screen Imo. So far being outside for a few months it hasn't yellowed either.

Imo, screen > latex > UV > solvent.

Last edited:

dreko

As for the Roland Eco UV white, I also make sure to print in White HD mode, and I adjust the white ink density output to max.