• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RapidTac RAPID REMOVER

BobM

Been using Rapid Tac and Rapid remover for 10 years. In the end it saves me work and time. It ultimately saves my customer money because I bill removal at full time and materials. Never found a glue it didn't remove.

gplough

Thanks everyone for the great info! I'm not trying to cut corners and I'll go with the rapid tac, I've been getting the turtle wax green can stuff which works good but wanted something I could apply quicker than an aeresol can and wanted to make sure there wasn't something else out there that worked just as good for less. Again, appreciate the input from everyone!

BUCKY

Thanks everyone for the great info! I'm not trying to cut corners and I'll go with the rapid tac, I've been getting the turtle wax green can stuff which works good but wanted something I could apply quicker than an aeresol can and wanted to make sure there wasn't something else out there that worked just as good for less. Again, appreciate the input from everyone!
Follow the directions on the label just like it says, otherwise it does not work as well. All we use!

rjssigns

Never used Rapid Remover, but now I want to try it. I've been using Orange Peel for years and really like it.

geb

I hate using a respirator. Rapid tack is top notch, but I switched to a much safer chemical. " Vinyl off reflective remover" . It's biodegradable, got no odor, no resperator needed. It's almost as good as rapid tack.
Walmart sells stuff in the same class as rapid tack called Turtle wax sticker and decal remover. It's a green spray can located in the automotive section. I buy about 20 cans of that a year 5 bucks a can.
Thank you for Vinyl Off info.

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
It's actually citrus based and not solvent based so it won't harm you.

It's actually citrus based and not solvent based so it won't harm you.
If you read the MSDS you will see there are petroleum distillates, ether derivatives (1-Propoxy-2-propanol) and alcohols in the ingredient list.

Vinyl Off-MSDS:
Warning
H303 - May be harmful if swallowed
H313 - May be harmful in contact with skin
H402 - Harmful to aquatic life
P261 - Avoid breathing fumes/mist/vapor/spray
P264 - Wash exposed skin thoroughly after handling
P273 - Avoid release into environment
P280 - Wear protective gloves to avoid prolonged exposure P312 - Call a POISON CENTER/doctor if you feel unwell.

Better to be safe than to have an oxygen tank follow you around when you get old, just sayin'.

Last edited:

KMC

Graphic Artist

Rapid Tac wont remove decals its for installing them, you mean Rapid Remover right?

zillion29

While it lacks the delicious and yummy odor of its cousin, RapidTac, Rapid Remover is awesome for what it does. I don't do purchasing here, so I had no idea it was the top shelf of removers. It will stink up your shop, though. And if you have sensitive skin, USE GLOVES. If I get so much as a touch of this crap on my fingers, for some reason they instantly start to crack and split.

geb

I tried the Vinyl Off recently and was rather impressed. Removing engineer grade reflective adhesive, it removed with no residue or glue globs, took a little time, but no messy cleanup.

HecklnDecalr

Zep citrous gel de-greaser. Works awesome. we have been using it for years. A bit on the pricey side but worth every penny as it doesn't smell like chemical death.

brycesteiner

I'd prefer not to have to remove the adhesive. If I flash the old vinyl with a heat gun, most of the adhesive seems to come off with the vinyl. If I don't, like today's, I seem to have a lot more residue left.

HecklnDecalr

I'd prefer not to have to remove the adhesive. If I flash the old vinyl with a heat gun, most of the adhesive seems to come off with the vinyl. If I don't, like today's, I seem to have a lot more residue left.

Oh absolutely, if you heat the vinyl and then pull up a bit and in the opposite direction that you're removing, it'll stretch the vinyl and take most , if not all the adhesive with it. buuuut that can't always be done, and for that we use zep.

depps74

I've used 3 different types. Rapid tac worked best. However someone once suggested butter, yes butter, and it actually does get rid of about 70% of adhesive, making a wd40 or goof off cleaner good for the rest. key is to have a good plastic scraper to scoop up all the gunk once it gets loosened.

ChicagoGraphics

What's even worse then smelling it, is drinking a mouthfull of it by accident, never put it in a empty bottle of water, you might make the same mistake I made thinking it was water. I stopped eating oranges after that because I couldn't stand the smell of orange.

LOL! Don't inhale. Take note of this. I got a big breath of it a few times. It will make your mouth, tongue, throat, etc go Numb for 30 minutes. Not real pleasant.

BIGMAX

Rapid Remover is the best I've found. Also I just cleaned a 3'x12' pan face for relettering. After using the Rapid remover to take off the most of the adhesive residue, I had a gallon of KRUD KUTTER for cleaning vinyl sidind=g. Sprayed a light mist over the remaining film left, let it set for about 5 min. and it worked great. Took a lot less remover than usual. I then cleaned several pieces of various sizes of poly metal and painted MDO(painted some time back) and they cleaned up beautifully. Krud Kutter will be used in the future for sure.