• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RapidTac RAPID REMOVER

gplough

Anyone have a review or thoughts on this product for removing leftover adhesive. I have 5 box trucks I need to do. It's a little pricey so if someone else knows something just as good for less I'm all ears.

Thanks!

JaySea20

It's what we use. Works Great! We tried another type a few years back and couldn't wait to use it all up and go back to rapid remover.

pjfmeister

We use this almost exclusively. It works on 99% of the adhesives we run into for removal. We have tried a few other brands to try to save a few dollars but keep going back to Rapid Remover.

Anyone have a review or thoughts on this product for removing leftover adhesive. I have 5 box trucks I need to do. It's a little pricey so if someone else knows something just as good for less I'm all ears.

Thanks!

I use WD40. It removes leftover vinyls residue, paper sticker residue, product labels. You can use it to defrost car locks, lubricate printers, lubricate doors, clean leather, clean burned pans with filthy grease on it and whatnot. Everyone should have WD40 at home.

JaySea20

Just buy it, use a plastic scraper and don't inhale the mist from spraying (wear a respirator).

LOL! Don't inhale. Take note of this. I got a big breath of it a few times. It will make your mouth, tongue, throat, etc go Numb for 30 minutes. Not real pleasant.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, this is something that astounds me every time I read this kinda stuff. It goes with..... using a cheaper ink for your printer, cheaper media, cheaper supplies or hardware. Cutting corners to save what ?? PENNIES ??

If you build the going prices into your work, you're totally covered. If you keep your prices where they are and use lesser materials, you're cheating your customers. If you're using cheaper stuff to compete with the schmuck down the street, since when did slackers set your reputation in motion ?? Why make your MO the same as some hack ??

When you find something which works, why look further, just because it's a little expensive ?? Just pout it into your pricing.

jfiscus

Rap Master
It works well, but we usually just use the 3M remover in the metal can, it's what ours guys seem to prefer. I think we buy it at the local autobody/paint store.

letterman7

I wouldn't go that far. I use it occasionally to remove old gild from wood award plaques that I have to update - gold and all. I've even used it to remove dried One-Shot in a pinch.. anything that can dissolve petroleum products probably shouldn't be inhaled.

Chasez

We used it on some trailer graphics that we removed and it worked well. Spray on, let set, scrap off with a plastic blade... It takes a little bit and it has a fairly powerful smell but works!

Chaz

TammieH

Whatever you use in producing a sign or removing old vinyl...remember the Customer should be paying for it in the end. If you find something cheaper, you may be working harder...

Billct2

We have it among several different adhesive removers. We have found that no single solvent works on every vinyl we run into. Rapid remover is one of the best though.

asd

that is the only remover we use mostly on vehicles, I don't want to pay for a paint job on a vehicle for going cheap and using alternative products, I once tried the 3m brand and hated it.

untitled

It's actually citrus based and not solvent based so it won't harm you.
You should probably re read the MSDS on this stuff.

I use it all the time when removing. Always use gloves and a mask though, probably should have safety glasses on as well but then always fog up on me.

decalman

I hate using a respirator. Rapid tack is top notch, but I switched to a much safer chemical. " Vinyl off reflective remover" . It's biodegradable, got no odor, no resperator needed. It's almost as good as rapid tack.
Walmart sells stuff in the same class as rapid tack called Turtle wax sticker and decal remover. It's a green spray can located in the automotive section. I buy about 20 cans of that a year 5 bucks a can.