• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recent wrap

laserman70

These are scanned pictures of a wrap we did on a pulling truck. Was a fun one to do, not the normal business wraps.

Attachments

• ungerfront.jpg
    ungerfront.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 139
  • ungerbackside.jpg
    ungerbackside.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 110
  • ungerfrontside.jpg
    ungerfrontside.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 116
  • ungerside.jpg
    ungerside.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 113

k.a.s.

Cool, a pulling truck. Pulling is awesome.

I like the sides and front OK, but your name is about impossible to read on the tailgate.

Kevin

Flame

Not to be rude but that is really not a well put together design. Don't take it personal, just really not digging it.

laserman70

Not to be rude but that is really not a well put together design. Don't take it personal, just really not digging it.

Not rude at all, that is what they wanted. We had alot of other work done from what they said. They wanted it this way and in the end they are the customer.

Dan Antonelli

Not rude at all, that is what they wanted. We had alot of other work done from what they said. They wanted it this way and in the end they are the customer.

I still don't understand this philosophy. Are they professional wrap designers - or are you? If you let your clients art direct you, than you're not really a designer at all - you're a computer operator, at best.

As a marketing professional, your job should be to listen to what they think they want, and give them what they need instead. That's why a customer normally chooses to hire a professional.

I can't say what went down in this instance, and I'm not trying to pick on you. But there seems to be an awful lot of guys who use this as a crutch; the ol 'The customer loved it and I got paid, so who cares what it looked like'.

I can tell you from experience, when you care more about a clients image than they do, you'll earn their respect far quicker than regurgitating exactly what they ask you to do.

After a finger fracture and subsequent surgery, with a second one coming in 6 weeks, I know a ton about pinky fractures and surgical techniques from researching the hell out of it. But I'm not about to tell my surgeon whether to use a dorsal approach to the incision or what type of silk to sew it up with. He's the professional, and he's earned my trust. I ask the questions, tell him what I'd like the outcome to be, but I'm not dictating to him how he arrives there. That's what he went to school for, and has the experience to know the best choices given my parameters.

SignManiac

I have to agree whole heartedly with Dan and others on this one. This wrap was not in the customers best interest just because they don't know any better, does not make it right. You would be surprised at how many customers I have refused to do work for who would have me damage my hard earned reputation for doing exceptional work. They just aren't worth the price.

As a customer, I would never hire a licensed electrician and then proceed to tell him how I think he should wire my house. It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Sites&Signs

Great post Dan, I totally agree and try to live by that....but it is easier said than done...not to make excuses but we have all run into those customers who just want what they want... I have turn down jobs because I just couldn't bring myself to do what they wanted...and turning down $$$ is hard, especially in times like these.

Dan Antonelli

In order to be treated like a professional, you have to act like one - top to bottom - in everything you do, say and portray about your business and image.

So yes, for some sign folks, it may be harder than others to be treated like a pro if they haven't really properly marketed themselves as such.

Digital_Dan

If anyone can tell you how it is or it's suppose to be, I strongly believe in Dan's philosophy.

If you don't believe, than you can't achieve. It's not all about the money it's more about the pride. Once you find your pride you'll gear yourself and business and stay alive. I've thrown away hours to make some products look better and have reset my standards. Anyone can become an artist/ sign guy, but if you rise above with great skill and marketing tools you'll be around longer than your competition.

Again - "If you don't believe, than you can't achieve." - DJL

Best to all the hard workers. Keep those dreams, it can happen.

Mosh

I think it looks cool!

It's not all about the money it's more about the pride.

I disagree. It is all about the money, or you guy's prices would be alot less. If you charge less than the comp you will be around longer.
Price trumps all in 99% of the time.