• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reducing vibrations from train tracks

Tatonka

We're looking to buy a new UV printer such at the Mimaki UJF series, but we're worried about vibrations from the train tracks right outside our shop causing issues with the print quality or height detection systems. The trains switch tracks and couple cars on the tracks there, and it makes for some major vibrations throughout our buildings. Does anyone have any recommendations for dampening solutions to help prevent any issues the darn trains might cause?

ikarasu

Have you.had print issues before?

I can't say from 100%... But the carriage travels so fast on our solvent that he whole machine shakes. And we've never had an issue. The vinyl is held down with rollers... So any shaking theoretically shouldn't be a problem. Unless your building is shaking like an earthquake...

Tatonka

Have you.had print issues before?

I can't say from 100%... But the carriage travels so fast on our solvent that he whole machine shakes. And we've never had an issue. The vinyl is held down with rollers... So any shaking theoretically shouldn't be a problem. Unless your building is shaking like an earthquake...

these use a laser for height detection, and my rep was concerned with the laser getting knocked around and throwing things out of whack. I don't really think it'll be a huge issue, but would like to lessen the chances of anything happening.

Jburns

Do you own your building? I have worked with industries that have sensitive equipment.
They sawcut out a section of their slab for equipment- so its "floating"
the serious guys take a 3 inch section or perimeter out, and fill with a rubber foam.

or you can build a platform - use a table with legs cut off - and thick rubber underneath

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto to some type of floating floor. The anti-vibration mounts are primarily to isolate a heavy vibrating machine so it doesn't walk across the floor. Used on a machine like a printer, I think it would still transmit vibration unless it is a very low durometer rubber.

JB.