• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Reflective Chevron

TXFB.INS

We have been contacted to do the rear chevron on a fire truck.(Red/Fluorescent Lime).

They want a single piece of chevron.
which means the ORAFOL ORALITE V98 from fellers will not work since they are in a L and R hand and you have to piece them together.

Where is it suggested to get single sheet of chevron.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We just did this not too long ago

Laid down the blue then the orange over the top of that. Only seam is at the top in the blue. Orange was cut a “v” and stripes

Not sure where you can get sheet(s) of chevrons. Just an idea for you

Attachments

• A5EFEF8B-1B0C-4D5D-BA1F-1C988989B296.jpeg
    A5EFEF8B-1B0C-4D5D-BA1F-1C988989B296.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 403

jfiscus

Rap Master
No one makes a "one piece" chevron for the rear of apparatus.
Most are laid down in individual strips, the left/right pieces V98 you're talking about is as close to "one piece" as it gets.
We also print on 3M IJ680CR-10 (48" wide) for left/right pieces, but the grade of reflectivity is lesser than the V98.
No idea where they're getting this spec from, I've done a few hundred or so firetrucks and never heard of it.

rjssigns

No one makes a "one piece" chevron for the rear of apparatus.
Most are laid down in individual strips, the left/right pieces V98 you're talking about is as close to "one piece" as it gets.
We also print on 3M IJ680CR-10 (48" wide) for left/right pieces, but the grade of reflectivity is lesser than the V98.
No idea where they're getting this spec from, I've done a few hundred or so firetrucks and never heard of it.

From their website:

"Our one-piece reflective chevron panels are easy to install, ensure a proper 45-degree angle and eliminate seams where dirt can erode graphics."

Source: http://dev.svigraphics.com/custom-vinyl-graphics/reflective-chevron-panels/

jfiscus

Rap Master
From their website:

"Our one-piece reflective chevron panels are easy to install, ensure a proper 45-degree angle and eliminate seams where dirt can erode graphics."

Source: http://dev.svigraphics.com/custom-vinyl-graphics/reflective-chevron-panels/

I read that too, but I don't see any anywhere on their site. I think they're either saying that the pre-printed V98 panels or their own custom printed panels are "one piece", but no one that I know of offers reflective in wider than 48" panels. I know 3M and Oracal doesn't, I've asked the reps and they have stated that their machines aren't capable of wider widths.

We print our own on 680 and use the V98 panels a lot also, but on a rear you usually use 4 pieces of V98/680

letterman7

I read that too, but I don't see any anywhere on their site. I think they're either saying that the pre-printed V98 panels or their own custom printed panels are "one piece", but no one that I know of offers reflective in wider than 48" panels. I know 3M and Oracal doesn't, I've asked the reps and they have stated that their machines aren't capable of wider widths.

We print our own on 680 and use the V98 panels a lot also, but on a rear you usually use 4 pieces of V98/680

They layer. Main panel is the lime yellow, red pieces are applied translucent, at least for the DG3 level chevrons. Support level vehicles are printed. Either one is then a "one piece" panel, but yes, no wider than 48".

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Oracal makes it in left and right pre-made patterns and Fellers has that. They have had it that way for a while now. Still not going to be a 100% single sheet as there is left and right. Also I'm not 100% sure but on fire apparatus I'm not sure that 680 meets the NFPA reflectivity requirements. That would not matter on anything else - the NFPA regs on chevrons is only a requirement on fire apparatus. On ambulances, etc you can use whatever you or the client wants including any colors they might want.

https://www.orafol.com/rs/americas/...details/items/oralite-v98-pre-striped-chevron