• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reloading Fpro 7.6 on Win7- problems connecting Prod Manager to Summa T750 with USB

Gene@mpls

I am using W7 32bit which works fine but I cannot get the PM setup to give me the option to select USB as the port to connect like WXP has.
I have loaded all the USB drivers I can find- old and new. Summa cutter control sees it and will do a test cut OK. Seems like many years ago...
when I had a memory... I struggled with this when setting up the XP. I have 2 Summas- one old one with serial connector which works fine
and one newer one with USB which works fine with XP. Any help please? Thanks Gene

FrankW

Regularly Flexi 7.6 is not compatible anymore with Win7. It could be that it works except specific functionality. As far as I remember versions up to 8.1 have problems wirh output ports

player

Have you tried running in XP mode in win7?

Do you have a usb hub? They will make whatever usb port they are plugged into a priority.

Do you have an old usb add-on card? Maybe an old card would be compatible?

Gene@mpls

Techman- sorry- I figured in the Flexi forum it was obvious but I guess when I check the new posts that I don't look to see what forum they are in either.

Frank W- it actually works perfectly on Win 7 32bit.

Player- does that have to be a powered hub? I tried with a new Win7pro 64bit and the XP mode would not see the ports for the (parallel dongle- also tried
a usb to parallel cable).

Thanks guys- I have been wrestling with this on and off for 2 days now and it's getting pretty stale

FrankW

Frank W- it actually works perfectly on Win 7 32bit.

It don't work perfectly, because you can't drive your USB-Plotter, altough it is accessible through Summa Cutter Control. And problems with interfaces could be a compatibility problem.

LittleSnakey

In the product mangager if you right click on the plotter and select change port you should see in the list USB_Printer_1 or 2 exc. you have to pick one, send a test if the wrong printer starts then you have the wrong usb printer try another. We still use an old pnc-950 with the usb/parallel cable.
Hope this helps.

I am using W7 32bit which works fine but I cannot get the PM setup to give me the option to select USB as the port to connect like WXP has.
I have loaded all the USB drivers I can find- old and new. Summa cutter control sees it and will do a test cut OK. Seems like many years ago...
when I had a memory... I struggled with this when setting up the XP. I have 2 Summas- one old one with serial connector which works fine
and one newer one with USB which works fine with XP. Any help please? Thanks Gene

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I gave up on trying to get my summa d series to work with my new rip that uses win7.

I wound up creating a virtual winxp machine using VMware and just installing production manager on it.