• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing a very old and cracked sign... hmmm

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Man, just trim the lifted shit off and slap a decal on the door. A new metal door slab is less that $200. You guys are making me scratch my head and lose the little bit of hair that I have left.
And Burton, jeeps are geigh, he's gonna bltch and bltch til you buy him a new one. Tell him that his friends are gonna point and laugh at that $100 crap he put on his $50k ride. Then he will pay you to take it off which will become another 2 page post.

gnubler

Unfortunately ,repainting the door is out of the question.
No, it's not. With enough time and/or money, anything is possible. Someone just doesn't want to.

I'm with the rest, don't waste time on this POS. Scrape off the lifted bits and then cover it all with ACM. You said it wasn't even a main entrance, right?

KC1990

VERY suprised how no one here has mentioned using a rubber decal wheel / pinstripe remover (the ones that attach to a drill).
I could have this peeled off and clean in about 15 minutes.
Yes it's in bad shape but it's not very big.
Would likely leave some ghosting on the door, but I doubt they'd care.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm gonna call Tommy and see what he wants to do. He seems to have some authority at this place.

MikePro

soak & scrape then cover with a larger decal
OR
skip the soak&scrape, just make a dibond panel with graphic that covers the whole thing. Labor for a crappy door restoration that is too cheap for paint, is WAY more expensive than a composite panel.

ProSignTN

Great idea but unfortunately, the company won't go for that. My wife tells me their new CFO is extremely tight on all company expenses so of they can get away for less, that's the play... SMH
It will cost more time to prep it for a new print than an aluminum panel will cost. Removing aged magnetic is no easy task and will usually expose rust underneath. At least around here an hour or two scraping and cleaning is worth a lot more than a 10 dollar piece of 040.

ProSignTN

VERY suprised how no one here has mentioned using a rubber decal wheel / pinstripe remover (the ones that attach to a drill).
I could have this peeled off and clean in about 15 minutes.
Yes it's in bad shape but it's not very big.
Would likely leave some ghosting on the door, but I doubt they'd care.
It's magnetic, .030 thick and made from steel embedded in rubber. The rubber decal wheel might polish it, but it won't remove it.