• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Replacing Outdoor Sign

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hi Everyone,

I have a request to replace an outdoor sign and I'm wondering what the best material to use is. I'm attaching a couple pics of the current one (I did not make the original sign). Seems to be some type of wood or something? Sign will be 48"x15" applied flat against wood above a door. I'll need a matching sign for above that that attached to brick, same size, different wording. I'd like the edges to be clean so I don't want to use alumalite.

I do most signs on aluminum, alumalite or wood and have not yet ventured to other substrates.

I see a few signs around town on PVC. Does PVC hold up decent in the cold WI winters?

Thank you for the help!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    996.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 302

OhioSigns

ACM would be my choice although you can get clean edges with Alumacorr if you wrap the edges with vinyl or use trim cap. I rarely use PVC for outdoor signage.