• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

revenue for the Covid-19 cooties

visual800

Well, it happened in our illustrious broke azz city. Curfew after 10pm or you will be fined $500. I knew sooner or later it would turn into revenue for the city. So from 6am till 9:59pm you can go where ever you want, do whatever you wanna do BUT you better not do it at night. This goes right along with writing traffic violations, nothing but revenue. (Dont get me wrong if your doing 50mph thru a school zone you should get a ticket) Seriously WTH good is a 10pm curfew going to do?

At least the night shift police have something creative to do now. Every other month another officer is charged with domestic abuse, selling drugs or theft, so obviously they are bored. I see this as just an opportunity to raise revenue and nothing more

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I question the constitutionality of these sorts of local edicts. Guidelines are fine but are these annoying proclamations actual law or what? Whatever they are, they seem to infringe on everyone's civil rights.

Mr. Signboy

Well, it happened in our illustrious broke azz city. Curfew after 10pm or you will be fined $500. I knew sooner or later it would turn into revenue for the city. So from 6am till 9:59pm you can go where ever you want, do whatever you wanna do BUT you better not do it at night. This goes right along with writing traffic violations, nothing but revenue. (Dont get me wrong if your doing 50mph thru a school zone you should get a ticket) Seriously WTH good is a 10pm curfew going to do?

At least the night shift police have something creative to do now. Every other month another officer is charged with domestic abuse, selling drugs or theft, so obviously they are bored. I see this as just an opportunity to raise revenue and nothing more

That’s pretty odd, what city are you in? I’m in the greater seattle area where we recently got the “stay at home order”. The difference though is that it’s very loosely enforced. I can’t imagine how stay in after 10 is supposed to help anything, except the city’s bank account like you said...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why do parents put a curfew on their kids ?? To keep an eye on them. It's much easier to police only a few people, rather than many. Besides, with everything closed up, what do you need to go out for late at night ??

8jsstead of thinking the worst, just try to understand, the people running the local show need some down time, too.

Johnny Best

With all the Huddle House places closed up I bet those night shift cops don't know what to do with themselves.

visual800

I compare it to the "red light cameras" they were only put in place for revenue. they dont report to your insurance compnay and they cant do anything if you dont pay them. I think actually there was a ruling in our city to remove them as they were "unconsatituional." Its all about revenue

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Its also to protect the police and fire. In police alone, over 200 in New York and 170 in New Jersey have coronavirus, 3 dead in nyc.

Pat Whatley

The curfew in Montgomery is because people are idiots. Most of y'all would not believe what goes on in places like Montgomery whenever anything out of the ordinary happens. Covid 19, stay home, be safe.....these people's first thought is "Oh shit, I'm off work tomorrow. I'm gonna go hang out in a parking lot with 2000 other people until 2:00 in the morning!" Night clubs were PACKED. Anything open was PACKED. It sounds like exaggeration but it's not. The large local housing project had a neighborhood barbecue complete with DJ. There's a gas station that had to shut down because traffic was backing up onto the interstate because so many people were trying to hang out in the parking lot. Montgomery isn't normal, people here aren't normal. Now, during the day Home Depot and Lowe's are PACKED with all the state workers who got handed a four week paid vacation....they'll be on pickup only status by the end of the week.