• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Reverse Printable Media for Edge

Will308decals

I am new to making football helmet decals and I have been just using 8 mil convex gear wrap vinyl with 12 mil convex laminate. I know other places I have bought decals from in the past have a 3M backing material and the adhesive on the back seems different from the convex and the 3M. I got to looking and got to the link https://www.hyatts.com/sign/convex-reverse-print-clear-3.3924
The two 3M adhesive transfer tapes look like the backing tape from the decals I previously have bought but I am not sure if that is what the other places have done, stripping the back of the convex and applying this 3M adhesive to the back, is that what they have been doing?
And I also don't know much about what it means by "reverse printable media" on the website. Anyone out there know anything about this or willing to explain and elaborate on this?
Is the "printable media" a vinyl? would I replace my convex vinyl with this 3M?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Billct2

Looks to be just clear vinyl, albeit a new convex clear, which can be used for reverse printing decals.

Russell J. Bean

I am new to making football helmet decals and I have been just using 8 mil convex gear wrap vinyl with 12 mil convex laminate. I know other places I have bought decals from in the past have a 3M backing material and the adhesive on the back seems different from the convex and the 3M. I got to looking and got to the link https://www.hyatts.com/sign/convex-reverse-print-clear-3.3924
The two 3M adhesive transfer tapes look like the backing tape from the decals I previously have bought but I am not sure if that is what the other places have done, stripping the back of the convex and applying this 3M adhesive to the back, is that what they have been doing?
And I also don't know much about what it means by "reverse printable media" on the website. Anyone out there know anything about this or willing to explain and elaborate on this?
Is the "printable media" a vinyl? would I replace my convex vinyl with this 3M?

Thanks in advance

what are you using to print with? If you have a Berber edge you can just reverse print them. Reverse print simply means it’s a face adhesive not a backing adhesive. There’s no need for transfer tape it just sticks on. Also you can use Oracal 651 clear or Gerber Image Cal P. You use white as a background and print in reverse order

jfiscus

Rap Master
We print on Gerber LexEdge and laminate with 3M 467 adhesive (14" roll), I believe that is what you're looking for.

MikePro

the listing on the website is just a 16mil piece of non-adhesive plastic.
Thickness allows it to take a beating, hence their reference to football helmet decals.

You would have to print a mirror image onto this and then laminate the double-sided adhesive onto it, and then cut it, and then peel&stick it onto final surface. for anything else other than a football helmet or similiar, i would just be making decals as posted above: print a mirror onto your typical 2-4mil clear vinyl & finish with a white layer. ...or heck, even upgrade the laminate to one of the many 12mil options available to self-adhesive overlaminates.

Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
The Gerber LexEdge is a Lexan product, so it is scratch-proof. It is used on many different applications, but our customers like to use if for machinery faceplates, dash panels, etc and other places where constant repeated use would take a toll on regular decals.