• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip & Print

PMG

I'm having issues with contour cut stickers,i have 2 rows of 13 on my screen i have 36 inch media in the printer and 36 inch's set in Flexi,and the 2 rows of 13 are centered in the media on screen,but when it prints,it drops 2 of the stickers down from the 2nd row down to the first row making it 15 stickers wide on the first row,and 11 stickers on the 2nd row,making it to wide on the media for the reg marks!!! Any help would be cool!!!!

Flame

Dude... on 36" media, you can only print (safely) 32" wide. Leave 2" on each side, because you have registration marks to deal with, as well as extra space for the rollers (you don't want the rollers to touch the registration marks".

Shrink 'em down to being only 32" wide and that should fix your problem.

PMG

Dude... on 36" media, you can only print (safely) 32" wide. Leave 2" on each side, because you have registration marks to deal with, as well as extra space for the rollers (you don't want the rollers to touch the registration marks".

Shrink 'em down to being only 32" wide and that should fix your problem.
This is even with 3 inchs on each side!!!!! it will still drop them down!!!!

Flame

Really? Can you view it in the screen or do you only see it when you print (the problem that is).

If on the screen.... any chance of a screen shot?

high impact

Pmg

I took a look at your screen shot and you have to set the media width to what the printer can print not what size the media is. On my printer and cutter I press the poll button next to the size and it sets max print width automatically. otherwise click the drop down next to width of media and change to the width on your printer screen.

PMG

when i set it to 48 inchs it sets it to 36 width like you said,,,but when i print it it prints like its 48 and not 36 and the images run off the side

Lindsay

PMG. In you screenshot the poll button is next to the material size dropdown.
The one with the ?. If it's greyed out it's not available.

asignstop

Your printer must not have poll size option, (why it's greyed - or maybe your printer has driver / flexi issue) I would try doing one set of reg marks for each decal - it will take up more space but maybe can solve your problem.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Different printer/interface combinations have different accessory capabilities. Things like media size polling may or may not be supported. Moreover the Rip and Print van be very chameleon-like and change it's physical appearance depending on specific hardware and just who is supplying the interface software.

As far as your problem I had this same sort of thing going on way back on Flexi 7.5. with a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48 on TCP/IP. It went away somewhere between there and 7.6V2.

During that most entertaining period, if I set the print orientation and print position manually in the Rip and Print it seemed to calm down some and behave properly. As I recall the problem manifested itself when Flexi was left to its own devices when positioning and orienting the print.

It was during this same period that Flexi insisted on printing black hairlines between copies of a multiple copy print and cut job. That went away also.

PMG

The problem is solved for now!!! What i haft to do is set the media 1 inch less on the screen that whats in the machine!!!!! They say this is a know glitch???