• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees passes

Marlene

Marlene - I know Jones did Vegas for A LOT of years, and TRIED a solo career. I thought I remembered something from him (&/or The Monkees) in the late 70's - early 80's? Didn't have any success, though

I was wearing the polyester and did the bus stop, hustle and bump on the lighted dance floor and they didn't play anything by Davey Jones or the Monkees that I can remember. I know the Monkees were a Beatles knock off and after the show, they tried a movie that was druggy based and strange, but I don't think any disco. they were a little early for that as they were more of a 60's group. maybe he or they did try a come back when disco hit, I was blessed with never having to hear it! (can you tell I was never a Monkees fan??)

sar bossier

(can you tell I was never a Monkees fan??)

Hahahahahahahaha ... ME NEITHER!! I used to PLAY The Hustle on my flute! Me and my sisters did living room disco to SNF soundtrack, played on the Pioneer LP stereo ...

SNF - Saturday Night Fever (in case ya didn't know)

Marlene

my daughter saw SNF dor the first time a few years back and when "Tony" put those pink polyester pants and flowerery shirt on the bed, she said with true horror in her voice, "he isn't going to put those on is he????". I had to laugh as she would have died seeing the things I put on to go out...one of my favorite shirts was pink polyester with these strange long collars and pirate like sleeves. I'd match that up with my black palazzo pants, platform shoes and off I'd go to the clubs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How 'bout the king-sized Bell-bottoms in plaid and chit in the late 60's ??

Attachments

• 60's bells.jpg
    60's bells.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 48
  • 60 mini dress jpg.jpg
    60 mini dress jpg.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 49

petepaz

Hahahahahahahaha ... ME NEITHER!! I used to PLAY The Hustle on my flute! Me and my sisters did living room disco to SNF soundtrack, played on the Pioneer LP stereo ...

SNF - Saturday Night Fever (in case ya didn't know)

8-track player?

and i forgot about davey jones another music loss
(i am not positive but wasn't the only one of the monkeys who was actually a musician when they started the tv show)

petepaz

RECORD PLAYER, console stereo system, with built in speakers. That damn thing weighed a TON!!

that's like the system that also had a tv in it. it was like a piece of furniture, huge. the funny part was how may houses did you go to that when the tv broke they just got a new tv and put it on top of the broken console system..haha