• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland giving some money back ?

autoexebat

No 12 foot jobs have never came out of my printer since I have owned it. 5 feet is the most I have even ran though it .

I spoke to Roland directly today , Monday they are supposed to contact me again.

I'm thinking the 12mil Lamination is just so think it's confusing the machine ?

mpn

"Hey I have a correction , the cuts I made earlier was on 8 mil material . Not 12 .

I'm printing now , Will report back"

Which one is it 8 or 12 mil??? You've contradicted yourself a couple of times, and wondering if it's the frustration or yanking peoples chains.

autoexebat

"Hey I have a correction , the cuts I made earlier was on 8 mil material . Not 12 .

I'm printing now , Will report back"

Which one is it 8 or 12 mil??? You've contradicted yourself a couple of times, and wondering if it's the frustration or yanking peoples chains.

Yanking peoples chains ? It would be a little dumb to do such a thing and post pictures of the error. I'm the one who spent the money , I have no reason to ( Yank Chains )

Jack Knight1979

I hope you get this figured out. I'm sorry for your troubles. I suggest posting a video of the registration process with the cutter. Most importantly focusing on the material tracking.

mpn

Have you tried any of the suggestions about shortening up your run length and using multiple passes? I run the same material (12 & 8 mil lam) on the same machine and I can say for sure your machine will NOT track it nor cut it in one pass or 5 foot files! Try shorter runs and 8 mil lam. The 8 mil cuts in one pass here no problem. If reducing your run to say a 3' or less print and using multiple passes does not fix your issues I would lean towards a mechanical issue myself. Good Luck.

How many passes and what pressure are you using?
How long is the print?

autoexebat

I never really had a reason to use 3 passes , 1 pass cuts it perfect just in the wrong spot .. so 3 passes would be 3 in the wrong spot. I make one in monday that was ... ( let me look at file ) .. 62 inches and all cuts were dead on . Tuesday I ran a file that was 48 inches and threw it in the trash , not once but twice .. cuts perfect fine , but again ! just in the wrong spot .

So why would the longer one cut fine and the shorter one screw up ? I have no idea.

I think in the last year with the XC-540 I was using and mine I have never once used a multi pass , and we are talking well over 100 kits .

Also just for testing, I did run a print with registration marks .. I took it out and reloaded it and did a cut ( NO LAMINATION ) and it cut dead on. I didn't try this more than once so I can't say the 2nd time would be perfect.

Maybe Roland will send a tech here with material to use for testing ! I can't afford to keep throwing away material and ink !!! And as you know the lamination is $$$$

autoexebat

Have you tried "not" laminating over the reg marks so the cutter can find them?

Its funny you say that ! Last night I was laying in bed thinking the same exact thing ! I think that will be my next test for sure . Maybe the thick material is making the optical eye confused a bit.

mpn

Why not try one kit with multiple passes and a shorter length? If you think cutting the 12 mil in one pass couldn't cause your problems then I don't know what to tell you. Biker Scout pointed it out as well with the pressure issue and it seems like you are set against it. I have never used an xc 540 but I do have experience with the kits you're doing. The kits you did with the 540 were they 54 wide and 50-60 long too, or much shorter because the 540 is wider?

autoexebat

I can understand what you mean , but I can't see how or why it would cut in a different spot if I told it to cut 3 times vs 1 time. But I am willing to try anything as I just sent out 1150.00 in refunds because of stuff I can't complete.

autoexebat

-=UPDATE=-

I just ran another test , I printed a full kit that was 50 inches long. I laminated it and this time I left the registration marks unlaminated so it's not coving them at all. It's still in the printer but I did look and was not happy at all ... It look as if I'm about 1/4 inch off ... I sure hope Roland can reimburse me somehow ! I am almost at the end of my roll of lamination .

I will keep this kit for proof and post pictures here in a few min when it gets done cutting .... VERY ANGRY :banghead:

Sorry was mistaken , I am close to 1/2 off this time. This is probably the worst one yet.

Picture posted , will post more when my camera battery charges.

Attachments

• DSCN1217.jpg
    DSCN1217.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 86

graphicwarning

Just out of curiosity, I have to ask. At what point will you decide to mitigate your losses? Assuming for a moment that it is the machine that is the problem and it’s defective, why do you continuously print 50” or 60” runs of material and try to cut them… knowing or believing the machine isn’t working properly? Then you want Roland to pay for “wasting your material”.

If you believe the machine is defective and continue to use large amounts of material, why is this Rolands fault? Roland isn’t wasting your material, you are!

It sounds as though Andrew from Roland has offered to help, because your dealer hasn’t. If the machine is defective, stop printing such large runs of material expecting a different result each time. If you aren’t sure if it’s the machine, why not print small runs a few inches in size if you want to test out possible scenarios to see if you can correct a problem, or achieve a different outcome?

But leaving your eBay store open, taking orders know you can’t complete, and ruining piece after piece of material when you are convinced it’s the machines fault, is not Rolands problem… thats yours.

I encountered an issue with a machine I had about 15 years ago that my dealer wouldn’t help me with, but Roland directly made it right. I am sure they will with you as well. I know you are frustrated… I would be too. But mitigate your losses and wait for them to help you. If you are convinced the machine is defective, stop wasting material and expecting a different result.

I wish I could help in some other way... I own a VS-300 but haven't encountered these problems. But give Roland directly, a chance to help you out.

autoexebat

The reason why I keep trying is because after that first one failed today I waited an hour to do other things and tried it again and came out fine ... It's taking me double the mateiral but it's getting done.

This is my only source of income, If I shut down my ebay store are you willing to pay my bills and put food on my table ? I didn't think so. I have to try everything in my power to get my jobs done.

If it's my fault then why are some coming out perfect and others are failing ? I can't just shut down both of my websites and wait for people to fix things ! I need to eat !

royster13

This is a little off the point.....But how many folks have some redundancy in their equipment? For the OP it seems he is putting all his eggs in one basket by not having backup equipment...And in this case he has incurred extra expense and lost revenue....Those 2 things will often pay for extra equipment....

player

and Roland sucks.

I think the OP needs to buy a top quality plotter. The Rolands don't track that well anyway.

What would he get? How much?

autoexebat

and Roland sucks.

I think the OP needs to buy a top quality plotter. The Rolands don't track that well anyway.

What would he get? How much?

I was always under the impression Roland is the best ? I don't have the funds for extra equiptment for backup at all .. I am a small time guy doing simple projects, I was VERY LUCKY to even come up with 18 grand in cash in ( hopes ) of this working . Problem is now that it is working and sales are coming in I get problems.

I bought the best one on the market ( I thought ) for the size anyway , Also this is the reason I got one that was 2014 and brand new , because I didnt want to get a used one and have troubles with it ... :cool:

I can say the printing is perfect and solid and beautiful colors , it perfers so well I print everything on high speed to save a little ink ... No idea if its worth it but I tried it and worked fine so I stayed with that.

player

Roland screwed me over on my defective machine. Don't believe the hype.

The cutters do no track accurately for much distance.

If you have the business get a good plotter. Get your money back from Roland.

How fast are you cutting?

Have you tried slowing it right down?

Have you tried setting it so it only plots 2' or so at a time before advancing to the next section as opposed to cutting the whole length?

How many wheels do you have in holding down the vinyl when you print?

When you cut?

autoexebat

Roland screwed me over on my defective machine. Don't believe the hype.

The cutters do no track accurately for much distance.

If you have the business get a good plotter. Get your money back from Roland.

How fast are you cutting?

Have you tried slowing it right down?

Have you tried setting it so it only plots 2' or so at a time before advancing to the next section as opposed to cutting the whole length?

How many wheels do you have in holding down the vinyl when you print?

When you cut?

Heck I got the speed set on 3 !! Super slow , and thats with 4 pinch rollers set ! Sucks because I had a Roland GX-300 that I used a couple of time for contour cuts but I sold it because I didnt really think I needed both ... Guess I made a pretty big mistake on that part, but then at the same time the plotter only had 2 pinch rollers.

I think the best part of the week this whole deal will get resolved , hoping so anyway :smile: