• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland or mutoh

Jrs187

Trying to decide between the 2 looking at a new 54 inch printer. What are the main differences? Both are eco solvent.

rjssigns

Get whichever brand has a dealer in your town. Don't go for the deal two states over. I guarantee you will regret it.
Case in point. My printhead died late Friday afternoon, so I called the dealer. Monday by 11am I was producing a wrap for a client.

I've owned both and currently have a Mutoh 1624x.

Basically anything with a DX7 head is going to give you incredible print quality.
I regularly print 0.040" text with my Mutoh.

BTW get a 64" printer. Nice to have the ability to run 60" material.

Jrs187

I've tried contacting the seller of mutoh in iowa. But even when I contacted mutoh headquarters they sent me to a company from Wisconsin. So far I've been talking with them for a day.

rjssigns

I've tried contacting the seller of mutoh in iowa. But even when I contacted mutoh headquarters they sent me to a company from Wisconsin. So far I've been talking with them for a day.
Which dealer in Wisconsin? I work with Einstein and they've been on point.

rjssigns

Not sure the name of company but he called off his cell phone and they are in green bay I think
Probably Einstein in Freedom, just outside of Green Bay. Scott has been solid and easy to deal with. Not sure where you are distance wise though.
Can always tell him RJ sent you. I don't get anything for referrals, but it may help you.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
You are out of my territory but I highly recommend you find a dealer for EPSON.
Their inks have a 3m certification and are available as a package with a cutter.

Jrs187

Just be aware that if you get a printer with a cutter, you lose your printing time while it is cutting.
Not getting a combo I already have a nice cutter. My vj1204 is having fits every other week and I can't be down. I ordered the mutoh 1324sr yesterday. After talking with a few different companys.

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I think you just answered your own question. I have a Mutoh vj1204 too and I really regret it. I know that all printers have issues but I have had more problems than good. I'm now on my 4th print head. And continually have issues. Definitely I would not recommend Signwarehouse. But you probably know that all ready. Good luck. And God bless

Jrs187

I think you just answered your own question. I have a Mutoh vj1204 too and I really regret it. I know that all printers have issues but I have had more problems than good. I'm now on my 4th print head. And continually have issues. Definitely I would not recommend Signwarehouse. But you probably know that all ready. Good luck. And God bless
Yeah this one came from signwarehouse. I ordered from a direct mutoh dealer so I can get the good support. The 1204 is great when it works though.

heyskull

I had and still own a Mutoh 1604 for the last 14 years it has been a fantastic machine but I felt it was way overdue for a replacement due to its age (even though it prints as good as the day it was installed.).
I organised a new Mutoh Xpertjet 1641-SR and matching plotter which was installed in Summer 2021.
This ended up being a huge mistake as the lack of profiles and support from Mutoh was non existent.

In the end we had a New Roland VersaExpress RF-640 and a Roland GR2-640 plotter exchanged for them in November 2021.
It cost a little more but the difference in profiles and backup from Roland is amazing.
The print quality is amazing and it seems to just makes all the print jobs a breeze now.

I couldn't believe why Mutoh would not reply or contact regarding their product.
I see they have upated this machine (even after only being out for 2 years) to the Xpertjet 1641-SR Pro, which is supposedly faster, better print quality but like the Xpertjet 1641-SR it has no media profiles for its new RIP.

I cannot believe I am saying this " Avoid the Mutoh at all costs if you don't want a headache" as i was very lucky that the supplying dealer was able to exchange the machines.

SC

Jrs187

I had and still own a Mutoh 1604 for the last 14 years it has been a fantastic machine but I felt it was way overdue for a replacement due to its age (even though it prints as good as the day it was installed.).
I organised a new Mutoh Xpertjet 1641-SR and matching plotter which was installed in Summer 2021.
This ended up being a huge mistake as the lack of profiles and support from Mutoh was non existent.

In the end we had a New Roland VersaExpress RF-640 and a Roland GR2-640 plotter exchanged for them in November 2021.
It cost a little more but the difference in profiles and backup from Roland is amazing.
The print quality is amazing and it seems to just makes all the print jobs a breeze now.

I couldn't believe why Mutoh would not reply or contact regarding their product.
I see they have upated this machine (even after only being out for 2 years) to the Xpertjet 1641-SR Pro, which is supposedly faster, better print quality but like the Xpertjet 1641-SR it has no media profiles for its new RIP.

I cannot believe I am saying this " Avoid the Mutoh at all costs if you don't want a headache" as i was very lucky that the supplying dealer was able to exchange the machines.

SC
Well I guess I will find out how good the mutoh support is if I have any issues. The company said that they will take care of any issues if I have any. And can go to there facility and use one of theirs until the new one gets fixed. I hope I made the right choice

Superior_Adam

Mutoh makes great printers. It was our first and ran for 7 years with the same print head. We got a second one as we were busy enough to need the two. It is still running great after 5 years. I finally got rid of the original one as it started to finally start printing bad but after 9 years the head was long over due.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Now that Roland released the new new VG3 versions of the printers.... we will see how well those perform.
I expect even more issues :D