• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland PC-600 - is it possible to correct this?

dtsowosso

I have had various interesting times with this machine, but, I suppose I need to ask this.

Attached are two photos- one is the print-test from the machine, another is a sticker that I made.

The print test doesn't have nearly as apparent of banding, but the sticker, about 4.5 inches wide, has this banding issue. Is there a difference in the way the image is sent, or is it some alignment issue? Is it the head?

Small stickers appear to work out fine, whereas larger ones do this. I should note that this isn't really visible from 2-3 feet away, but it drives me up the wall and I can't sell anything like this..

IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You should be using a special 'roland' cleaning solution, specifically for that machine. Regular maintenance is using a cleaning pad and running the head over it.

Do not use alcohol on that machine, except to clean vinyl prior to printing. Too much dirt on the vinyl will scratch your head and then ya have a problem.

dtsowosso

You should be using a special 'roland' cleaning solution, specifically for that machine. Regular maintenance is using a cleaning pad and running the head over it.

Do not use alcohol on that machine, except to clean vinyl prior to printing. Too much dirt on the vinyl will scratch your head and then ya have a problem.
Reached out to Roland for advice on what cleaner they have for this unit, praying it helps because a new head is impossible to find so far.

FrankW

For this printer, roland doesn‘t have a cleaning liquid, but a cleaning sheet. But not shure if they available anymore.

netsol

that is the same print head type & technology as zebra direct thermal /thermal transfer

you can clean with 91% isopropyl

i have not unpacked my service manuals yet, (we moved recently) but there is an adjustment that minimizes that effect. turning the adjustment one way causes a thin white stripe. the other way causes a darker (double pass/overlap)